I want to have a breast lift surgery; is adding implants necessary? (Photo)

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

It takes 6 weeks to heal and I wait 12 months before any scar revision.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Is adding implants necessary?

Certainly implants are not necessary. If you want more superior pole fullness that will last longer and some reduction to your nipple size as well as lift you might consider the combination of mastopexy and augmentation. It is hard to tell from your photo but you look to be saggy enough that implants alone will not give you sufficient lift. However this is something to explore in a consultation. Get what you want. If you just want perkiness without increase size, avoid implants.

Breast lift with or without an implant

There are definitley pros and cons for each way. I will typically place an implant and lift the breast at the same time. The lift will put your breast shape in balance and aesthetically much more attractive.. The breasts will be slightly smaller due to removal of some tissue and skin to perform the procedure. The implant will give you bigger breasts than you have now and fill out the upper pole of your breast. Take time to make your decision.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS

Breast lift with or without implant

Thanks for your question and photo.

If your goal is to have perkier, more compact breasts, breast lift alone can give your the desired look.  However, if you want to have fuller (larger) and perkier breasts, you will need implant and breast lift.  Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to be examined in-person and share your desired look with him/her.

Best regards.

Adding Implants to Breast Lift

You should know that there is no requirement to add implants to a breast lift, and it is only helpful and only needs to be done if you wish to include it. A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Breast lift - must implants be used?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.

No, implants are not a necessary part of your breast lift. You appear to have plenty of breast tissue - there is no need to make your breasts larger. Enjoy your result!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift

Based on your photos alone, you could be a great candidate for a breast lift.  Given the severity of sagging, I would advise you against implants at the same time as your lift.  Implants will weigh down your lift and potentially cause recurrence in sagging (with larger heavier breasts).  Rather I would suggest you opt for a lift first.  If after you have healed from your lift, and you are seeking more volume, then you can consider a staged breast augmentation.  But a lift alone should give you a very nice result without implants.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best wishes,

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast lift and possibly implants

I think you are a good candidate for a breast lift.  If you are happy with the amount of breast volume you have, that is all you need.  If you would like even larger breasts, than an implant can be placed at the same time.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breast Lift with or without implants

Thank you for your question and for posting an appropriate picture. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift procedure. This will reshape your breasts. If you are happy with the current volume, then you do not need implants, however if you would like more fullness, then you might consider a lift with implants. You should work with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals and get precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and photograph.

Breast implants would only be necessary if you wish to enlarge or add projection/volume to your breasts. You appear to have an adequate amount of breast tissue so even with a lift, you will still be left with large breasts they will just appear perkier. The choice of implants is really up to you and your cosmetic goals. I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a physical examination done and discussion of your goals and what needs to be done to achieve them. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon