I got a BA on 12/17/15. Should my breasts be uneven? Is this normal? (Photo)

I have silicone moderate profile plus 397cc placed underneath the muscle. The incision is underneath the breast. It looks like I have 2 completely different implants. Can this be corrected? Am I doomed? I'm very embarrassed by my breasts.

I got a BA on 12/17/15. Should my breasts be uneven? Is this normal?

It is now 5 months post-op, and no, they should not be (this) uneven. No, this (degree of asymmetry) is not "normal."

One implant has dropped and the other has not. If this high-implant breast is firm and the other soft, then you not only have an implant that has not dropped, but you have a reason--capsular contracture. If the high breast is soft, that is better, but both scenarios require re-operation.

Re-operation, not "doom." This sometimes happens, and your surgeon will examine you and know what to do. Nobody did anything "wrong," and most surgeons will perform the revisionary surgery for the cost of operating room and anesthesia (facility fees). This should have been discussed prior to your initial surgery, but if not, now is the time to review these details with your surgeon. Schedule an appointment now. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation results

It is very common for breasts to settle and heal at different rates after breast augmentation. Since you are already 5 months post-op, I do recommend visiting with your plastic surgeon to discuss if the higher breast can be surgically lowered a bit as it seems that it is stuck under your muscle.

Michael E. Ciaravino, MD

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Uneven post aug

From your photos it seems as though your left implant is riding higher and may need to be lowered.I would go back to your original plastic surgeon and discuss it with him.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast augmentation surgery?

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Assuming you had relatively symmetrical breasts to begin with,  your breasts should ideally be more symmetrical  at this point. In other words, the majority of breast implants "settling" should have occurred by now.  Your plastic surgeon will you be your best resource when it comes to determining the cause of breast asymmetry;  these could include encapsulation of breast implant on one side versus failure of breast implant descent.

Go and see your surgeon

At this stage after your breast augmentation, your breasts should start to look even.  This is only on the assumption that you were somewhat even to start with before your surgery.
I would go and see your surgeon.
Best Wishes,
Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS