I am considering getting an arm lift or lipo. From the picture would I benefit from lipo or do I need a full arm lift? (photo)

Arm lift brachioplasty arm reduction arm liposuction VASER arm liposuction arm liposculpting

Hello, I believe you would do best a full arm lift or brachioplasty.  You have excess arm skin and fat.  Arm fat can be removed with liposuction.  However, the only way to remove excess arm skin is with an incision.  Therefore, I think you do best with a full incision arm lift.  An arm lift is performed under general anesthesia and takes about 3 hours to complete.  The recovery takes about two weeks.  You will need to wear your arm compression garment for about six weeks.  There is also VASER arm liposuction.  The VASER is an instrument that can melt arm fat.  The VASER also can heat the undersurface of the arm skin and causes arm skin contracture.  Even with the VASER, I do not think your arm skin would contract enough. Another overall alternative would be to have the VASER arm liposuction.  I would insist on the VASER.  I believe the VASER would give the best arm liposuction results.  If you were dissatisfied with the results, you could always have the full arm lift or brachioplasty later. Thank you for your questions regarding an arm lift or arm liposuction.  If you have any other questions regarding an arm lift, please do call my office. Sincerely,Dr. J. Timothy Katzen 

I am considering getting an arm lift or lipo. From the picture would I benefit from lipo or do I need a full arm lift?

Sorry, but the advice receive you receive here (without careful evaluation of your upper extremity) is almost meaningless.  Having said that, my initial impression is that arm lifting is likely "overkill" ( not worth the resulting scar…); on the other hand, the result you will achieve with liposuction surgery will likely be limited.  Sometimes best to avoid all types of surgery...
Best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Best wishes

Arm reduction or Liposuction

This can be a difficult choice. Liposuction is useful, but requires good skin tone and quality, or you may be left with looser skin and a worse looking arm. Arm reduction is certain to improve the contour, but the scars are long and can be considerable. You need to decide what you think is best for you.Another option would be to look at one of the fat freezing technologies, such as Clatuu.

Good luck, 

Dr Steve Merten, Sydney, Australia

Lipo or do I need a full arm lift?

This is truly best assessed in person. The answer will really depend on the degree of results you want to achieve.

Lift or lipo...that IS the question

Hello and thank you for your question as well as posting a photo. In some cases it is very obvious whether someone needs lipo, arm lift or lipo and arm lift combined. In your case however, it is difficult to tell from the photo and is not easy to give you a clear cut answer.
The only way to give you the best surgical plan is to evaluate you in person. This way one can determine how much loose skin you have, what your skin quality is and how much fat is actually present. If you have some loose skin and/or poor skin quality then doing lipo alone will leave you with loose skin because your skin may not retract. If you don't have that much loose skin and/or you have good skin quality then lipo alone may leave you with good results due to your skin being able to "snap" back.
Another option, although maybe a little more costly and requiring the possibility of 2 operations is to perform liposuction first see how your results turn out and if you don't end up with enough loose skin to bother you then you have saved a long scar on your upper arm. However, if you then feel like you don't like the loose skin you can always have that removed in a second operation.
The way I usually do my arm lifts, is I combine liposuction and the lift so I can achieve the best contour of the arms as possible. This also gives me the ability to remove more skin than with just arm lift alone. I hope this helps and I recommend that you only be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon! Best of luck in your journey!
Ankur Mehta MDSugar Land, Tx
Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

You will benefit from both

You can have either of these surgery.  Arm lift will give you better result but will leave behind bad scar. Liposuction will give you lesser result with negligible scar. Choose liposuction.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

I am considering getting an arm lift or lipo. From the picture would I benefit from lipo or do I need a full arm lift

Thank you for your question. It depending on your goal and amount of loose skin and it is difficult tell by picture. I recommend to see a board certified PS for in person evaluation.

Lipo or arm lift

Thank you for your question.  You would need an in person exam to tell for sure but based on your photo, it seems that you may benefit from liposuction combined with a limited scar arm lift.  The scar would remain within the armpit area.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Arm options

Thank you for your question.The photo you posted is not very helpful. The best option would be to contact a surgeon in your area for an in person evaluation. If you do not have laxity to the skin you may be able to just do liposuction to get rid of the fullness. But, if you have any laxity to the skin you would benefit from liposuction and skin tightening. Good luck.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

Arms Sculpting

In your case, it depends on your goals, expectations, elasticity of your skin, and the amount of fat available. The best way to answer this is an in person consultation. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS