Hiv and plastic surgery. Any suggestions?

I am male in my mid fifties, hiv positive for the last 15 years. Viral load undectable, tcel count in the 570 range. I have had Gynecomastiasince childhood in the late 70s had surgery to remove breast tissue but surgen did no lipo or skin removal. Which left breasts flabbly and loose skin. I would like to know if I can have corrected with hiv status.

HIV and plastic surgery

HIV should not be a factor for you. If you are in overall good health with a low viral load and a normal T cell range there should be no reason to avoid plastic surgery with medical clearance. I hope this helped. 

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Hiv and plastic surgery.

With your lab work and low viral load, and generally good health otherwise, the HIV status should not be a factor, and you shuld be able to safely undergo plastic surgery.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Corrective surgery is possible but much hader,and you need a very experienced surgeon

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD

HIV Positive

HIV positive with no symptoms and low viral load and normal T cells. Then there is no contra-indications for surgery.