What next? I have a hernia with distastis recti and I was wonder if a tummy tuck is the only way to get the bulge fixed? (photo)

I've had 3 kids. I'm 5,4 - 180 pounds but it's all in my stomach /arms. I've done and still do Pilates 4 days a week 4 the past 6 months but the belly hasnt improved . I've also recently hired a trainer and I work my butt off 4 days a week with her and still not results in the stomach. I've paid $75.00 a session for Pilates for 6 months and now I pay $45 A session for a trainer and I'm getting no ware but broke at this rate. I need some serious help.

There are numerous questions to be answered

A board-certified plastic surgeon will be able to help you with your problems. He will assess whether you have laxity of the muscles which you probably do after having three children. Also you're probably 50 pounds overweight and this needs to be addressed. I admire your hard work with the trainer and  Pilates classes . Some patients respond to aggressive liposuction if the muscles are firm and the skin has good tone but most patients ultimately require some muscle tightening and a tummy tuck

In-person examination will be needed.

Hi, Keller12
Thanks for your question and photo.
Without direct examination, it is difficult to provide a meaningful recommendation.
Tummy tuck is a great procedure if 1) you have reached a stable goal weight, 2) you are medically, physically, and socially optimized, and 3) you have excess extra-abdominal skin/fat without excessive intra-abdominal fat.
Please consult a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your candidacy for tummy tuck.
Best regards.

You need a focused plan and determination to follow it

Pilates will not do it. You need to go on a diet and loose 30-40 pounds.  After that you need to see a plastic surgeon for tummy tuck and liposuction as needed.  Nothing else will work. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Tummy tuck and weight loss

You should wait until you lose more weight. a tummy tuck is not the answer right now.  If you trainer is only doing exercises with you. that is not even close to enough. to seriously lose weight the right way, you need to make serious lifestyle changes.  you need diet plan, exercise plan-including cardio and weight training.  hardest part is making those diet changes. but once you start seeing the results, and feeling 200% better, it becomes addictive.  it will be worth it in you longterm physical and mental health.

Hope that helps and best wishes!
Dr. Morales
ABPS Board Certified
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD