Is this a hematoma? (Photo)

I have had more pain in my right breast than my left. My right breast is swollen on top part of breast and close to side my ribs. I have had dark bruising and it isn't getting better. I tried to message it by pushing the implant up this evening and it hardly moved compared to the other implant. I am 11 days post op 345cc saline unders. Should I be concerned? Does it get worse before it gets better?

Is this a breast implant hematoma?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of the difficulty that you are having.  It is very important that you see your plastic surgeon foreign examination and possibly an ultrasound to make certain you do not have a hematoma.  The signs of hematoma or pain swelling and enlargement of the breast and a feeling of significant pressure.  Her symptoms may indicate a hematoma and the sooner you are examined the better the proper treatment of the breast implant hematoma is removal of the implant and the hematoma irrigation of the pocket and replacement of the implant with a small drain.  Do not delay but see your plastic surgeon for an exam soon

Hematoma

This could be a hematoma.  There is quite a bit of bruising.

Your doctor will need to examine you and determine based on an in-person exam.

BAM and hematoma?

Hi hanbutler

What I can tell for sure is that you have a bruise on the right breast and it is slightly larger.  You may or may not have a hematoma, but It is impossible to tell without an exam.  You are in the post op period when a hematoma can occur, so I would recommend you call your doctor.

Good luck.

sel

S this a hematoma?

It would be best to follow up with your surgeon for an in person examination to rule out a hematoma. It could be nothing...but there is no way to tell without someone seeing you in person. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Hematoma

Dear Hanbutler:

Thank you for your question and excellent pihotos. Without a physical exam and sometimes even with an exam it is difficult to tell if someone has a small hematoma. Imaging is sometimes needed to confirm a diagnosis Please make sure you are seeing your surgeon for regular evaluation.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Hematoma?

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures, but without an exam and sometimes even with exam it is hard to tell if someone has a small hematoma.  Please make sure you are seeing your surgeon for regular evaluation.  Good Luck.