What is happening to my boob? Is this the beginning of the double boob? (photos)

I got a breast augmentation 2 months ago. Silicon 650cc under the muscle. Since day one the left one that looks different has always hurt more and looked different. My doctor says she wants to keep watching it. And maybe put some sort of tissue underneath to add more support? The middle looks weird. Does the pocket needed to be secured more? Should I get a second opinion? I've been through a couple weight loss and gains. Also a pregnancy and 6 weeks of breastfeeding. Could that be the reason?

Double Bubble

Thank you for the question and photos.  It seems that you are having an early double bubble on your left breast.  At 2 months you are still in the recovering stage and it should take around 4-6 months for the implants to fully settle.  It looks like you have a very nice result.  It would be best to consult your board-certified plastic surgeon about your concern.  Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Double bubble

You may have the very beginnings of a double bubble, but for now, you need to wait and see what happens once the implant fully drops/settles. Which can take anywhere from 3-6 months. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Double bubble

You may have an early double bubble forming at the left breast or may just need some small revisional adjustment of the inframammary fold at the left breast.  Overall you have a very nice result and with a small revision you should look wonderful.

Jeremiah Redstone, MD

Jeremiah Redstone, MD

Concerned about an implant bottoming out

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• Your front photo suggests that you may have an early double bubble - the way to be sure is to wait - the implant will move lower and lower.
  • Your side photo does not have the same look.
  • So an exam is needed to tell what is going on - and with pregnancy, breast feeding and large implants, it may be that your implant needs more support.
  • Your surgeon seems to be following things carefully - give it time and follow her instructions. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Loss of support after augmentation

Certainly you are seeing some double bubble changes on the left side, which can happen, even to the best of surgeons. Your natural skin elasticity also plays a factor. There are a number of different procedures which can be used to correct the situation, including the tissue support you mentioned. I use textured implants on patients with some loss of skin elasticity and sometimes some other structural support to reinforce implants of your size. Good luck with your decision 

May need a support procedure

From the photographs you have included, it appears that the left breast implant is find out somewhat. Certainly the loss of volume of your tissue and the lack of elasticity have contributed to gravity making the situation worse. I would agree with your plastic surgeon that sometimes will support either within a cellular dermal matrix like Strattice or your own tissues may be necessary to help hold this implant up. Discuss with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS