Can grinding on Invisalign cause splintering of trays, and is the plastic shards toxic if swallowed?

I have TMJ and noticed I am clenching more often with my 1st trays. Online articles state that grinding may help move teeth. My concern is that I have plastic shards in my mouth and back of throat. I try not to swallow it, but it is lodged in/ difficult to remove. Basically, I am swallowing shards of Invisalign, and I am concerned that it is toxic to my health. I don't wear the trays often now, but I still keep up my oral hygiene. Should I be concerned about the toxicity of swallowing plastic?

No doctor answers yet