Is a good weight recommended to get flat belly services? (photos)

I am 146 and the number are getting smaller :) my goal is 125. 125 is where i was B.C. (before child). If a FT is done,how much down time is needed?

Best Weight Before Tummy Tuck

Be at a weight and exercise plan that you can maintain: no pills, starvation, or excessive workout schedule that you cannot keep up long term.  You've come a long way, and it looks like your main issue is some muscle laxity and excess skin...not that much fat on the tummy !

Full tummy tuck weight

It is always better to weigh less so that more skin can bet removed. But key idea is to find weight that you can maintain the longest. this will ensure a longer lasting result. every surgeon has different recommendations.  I usually advise 2 weeks off work required for recovery.  I get patients back to light exercising at 3 weeks, full exercising at 2 months. 
Please make an in-person consultation with a ABPS board certified PS to evaluate you and discuss your options. Hope that helps and best wishes! Dr. Morales ABPS Board Certified Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Is a good weight recommended to get flat belly services?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I recommend you to have a tummy tuck because the exsesive abdominal skin that you have..

This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. Excess skin can be removed during the procedure and we call this "hi def physique." VASER can sculpt and contour the body and results can be seen immediately. Best, Dr. Emer

Tummy tuck

You are at a proper weight now to proceed with a tummy tuck if you like.  If you do want to loose additional weight beforehand it is fine.   You would need about 4 weeks to be completely healed.  However inside of 2 weeks you can be doing some light clerical work if need be.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Belly

You are indeed a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery provided your medically fit as well.  You do not necessarily need to lose weight prior to surgery.  Hope this helps.Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Hi e412,Thank you for your pictures and questions. Based on your pictures it looks like you are an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck. Tummy-tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty can flatten your abdomen by removing loose, excess fat and skin and tightening muscles in the abdominal wall. It can also remove some if not all of the stretch marks in your lower abdomen. It is popular following pregnancy, massive weight loss or whenever a flabby abdomen with weak muscles impairs body contour. Most patients on average take two weeks off of work. Best regards! 

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon