Would I be a good candidate for lipo of the arms? (photos)

After doing some research, I have found some people do not get good results with liposuction of the arms, and end up with even more saggy skin. I am wondering if I would be a candidate for lipo only without doing a lift? My arms are not proportionate with my body and "flap" a ton when moving them. :/. (I work out often and have muscle tone, just can't see it unless I am flexing)

Lipo vs arm lift

Thank you for your questions and photos. Based on your pictures and your comment about your arms being flappy, liposuction is not the ideal procedure for you. You will need a skin tightening procedure called a  Brachioplasty.  Please see an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck. 

Candidate for lipo on arms

Good afternoon, thank you for sending your photos and inquiry. It looks like you are a candidate for liposuction on arms, also keep in mind that it is very important to always wear compression after surgery and also I suggest my patients post op ultra sounds done after surgery. I would recommend seeking a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss details and be evaluated in person. Best of luck! 

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction of the arms

The younger and more elastic your skin is, the more likely it is to shrink after liposuction. Over resection of fat in the arms will lead to saggy skin. You look to be a good candidate for moderately aggressive liposuction of the upper arms. It is critical to wear your compression garment for 6 weeks to get maximum skin shrinkage.

No more flapping--VASER Hi DEf for arms

You look like you would be a good candidate. This can be done easily with VASER hi-def liposuction with ThermiRF/ultrasound and fat grafting to tighten, contour and give definition to the arms. I suggest you speak to a well trained body contouring specialist who does a lot of defining and shaping procedures. Best, Dr. Emer.

Would I be a good candidate for lipo of the arms?

Thank you for your question. Liposuction may produce more loose skin if skin tone is not good. Sometimes Lipo with skin tightening with venus legacy helps. Please consult with a board certified PS for evaluation and see if your skin is good for lipo. Thank you

OK candidate

Doing consultations it's often the case that patients are not ideal candidates for liposuction but may benefit from the procedure understanding some inherent limitations.

Loose skin is the enemy of liposuction.

I say this for several reasons.

Loose skin camouflages what appears like subcutaneous fat.

Since skin laxity is not treated with liposuction and significant skin laxity will not be corrected with adjuvant secondary treatments like radio frequency procedures only part of the problem is being treated with liposuction.

If a 50% improvement can be made in regards to fat removal but 50% of the true problem is skin laxity in reality and a 25% improvement has only been made.

You will see some improvements but with your arm in a position your skin will not contract and will still have the same amount of hang.

On the other hand we don't walk around with her arm stretched out most of the time so will get worms in the down position you may appreciate some substantial enhancements from liposuction.

Patient assessment and setting correct expectations is probably just as important that's doing the procedure well.

My practice is devoted exclusively to body contouring using various forms a liposuction and fat transfer.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

You would probably get good results with liposuction for the fat removal and then something like ThermiTight or other skin tightening procedure to help with the skin. The arm tuck will give you nice tight arms, but does leave a long scar. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon