Full or Mini tuck with Breast lift and fullness. Mommy makeover or separate surgeries? (photos)

Goal is lift with fullness & flat tummy. 1st consult, a lift & implants with mini-tuck to eliminate lower pooch & marks. Skin above the belly button was good but would only be able to pull 2" with a full tuck and would have a scar 2" below new BB from the old BB. Total pack $19,000 (breast lift, implants, mini tuck with lipo) I'd like to see what other docs on this site think from the pics alone of their recommendations. Also, are these fees reasonable? Thanks!

Full Vs Mini TT

Thanks for the photos. I think a mini-TT will not get the best control of all the abdominal skin. I rarely offer that operation anymore because after the surgery, downtime, and expense I (and my patients) too often wish we would have done the complete TT.

Hard to comment on the quote, because it depends on the facility you use and time for the procedure but it's ballpark to slightly high for around here. 

Full Vs Mini TT

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best procedure

I think you will be disappointed with a mini tummy tuck. You need a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening and liposuction  for best contours. Regarding the breast, either a lift only or a lift with implant based on the size /upper pole fullness you would like to achieve.

Best procedure

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be performed to improve the contour of your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Full or Mini tuck with Breast lift and fullness. Mommy makeover or separate surgeries?

Thank you for the question and pictures. The operations you are considering are   routinely done in a single stage, assuming you are in overall good health.  

Based on your photographs, you will do best with a full tummy tuck operation. In my practice, I would not offer you a mini tuck operation. 

In my opinion, the mini tummy tuck is an operation that produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently. For the vast majority of patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. 

Ultimately careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be key.  Make sure that he/she is a  board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to mommy makeover surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes. 

Mommy makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction.  This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  A breast lift with an implant can be performed at the same time for improved shape and contour of your breasts.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Mommy makeover

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Since your photo demonstrates abdominal fullness above the belly button, you would likely require a full tummy tuck to achieve a flat tummy.  You would also likely benefit from a breast augmentation and lift, though the type of lift you will require would depend upon the size / style of implant used and your goal.  A "dual plane" breast augmentation can potentially decrease the need / extent of lift required.  The more extensive the lift performed, the more scarring that will result.

These procedures are commonly performed together, with the advantages begin some cost savings, fewer times under general anesthesia and a combined recovery time.  A would recommend that you consult with board-certified plastic surgeons experienced at performing "mommy makeovers" who will be able to review your history, discuss your goals and perform a physical exam.  They will then be able to provide you with your treatment options, including the advantages and disadvantages of each.

As are as your breasts if your goal is perky with more fullness, then yes a breast lift with implants is the best plan. With your stomach I cannot comment on how much the upper abdomen skin will move without a physical exam. he main difference to consider between a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck is that a mini tummy tuck does not allow for plication or repair of the abdominal muscles above the belly button. If diastasis above the belly button is part of why your tummy is poochy, then you will not have a flat tummy after the surgery. Floating your belly button may also be an option. I recommend you going for at least one more in  person consultation with a board certified PS. Lastly, I recommend the mommy makeover as it will save you money to combine the procedures. 

Mommy makeover options

I commonly perform the mommy makeover surgery all together. Breast lift, with implant, tt, lipo, It has an advantage that there is only one recovery.  

Every patient is different for which procedures is the best choice for them.  A "mini" tt usually is rarely indicated.  It only treats a very little amount of lower abdomen skin, in the scar length slightly bigger than a c-section scar.  It really does give "mini" results.  I predict you would be disappointed in the outcome as most patients I have done revisions to do a full tt, after they chose to do a mini.  You want flat and tight? Then I assure you that a full tt will give you the rejuvenation you desire.  You appear to be wearing very low cut underwear, which would be difficult to impossible for anyone to get a scar at that level.   TT scars are placed as low as we can possible put it, at least I do.  Depends on your skin laxity, hip and pelvis anatomy, belly button height, etc.  I'd have to see you to give you a accurate answer. 

Price wise.  Every practice is different and will charge accordingly to the level of care they feel necessary.  Some times "you get what you pay for."  For this surgery, don't go cheap.  If it sounds too good to be true, it is.  Cost of the surgical facility (hospital, office based, private surgery center), type of anesthesia (general, MD vs a CRNA), overnight stay option, garments, vitamins, garments, dressing supplies, implants, etc.  All add up.  Not all surgeons use MD's for anesthesia. Not all surgeons keep patients overnight.  Not all surgeons include garments, supplies for after care.  For my practice, for any surgery, I treat you as I would my family.  You would have surgery in our private AAAASF surgicenter, stay overnight for observation (IV pain control, IV hydration, comfort, decreases your anxiety and stress that first night), under the care of a anesthesiologist throughout your surgery (not a nurse).  I would use Exparel (longterm local anesthetic that decreases about 70% of your pain in the first 3 days), and Prineo (dermal matrix over the incisions to reduce risk of infection and improve scar appearance).  If you are within our Houston zip code range,  I send you a nurse to your home 2 days after surgery to check on you.  All postop visits are included, I give you garments, dressing supplies, vitamins for pre and postop recovery.  My goal is to get your surgery done SAFELY, recover as quickly and healthy as possible so you can get back to enjoying all the things in life you enjoy most.  With a brand new body of course;) 

I would encourage you to visit in-person with a few surgeons before you make this decision.  The practice you choose should be a "fit" for you.  You will spend quite a bit of time in the office after surgery, so find one that you feel most comfortable with.  

Hope this helps and best wishes!

Dr. Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Mommy makeover options

Hope this helps and best wishes!

Dr. Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Mommy makeover

Hi, thanks for sharing your concern and photos with us!

First I want to congratulate you for making this important decision. Deciding to get an aesthetic procedure to change your body and get a new life style is a big step!

Looking at your photos I might say that you´ll be a great candidate to get mommy makeover, this procedure consists on making a back, waist and flanks liposuction, with BBL, tummy tuck and breast lift or breast augmentation, giving you awesome results!

Before all this, of course, you need to get a complete medical evaluation and laboratory exams to check everything is fine. For us your safety, always, is going to be first.

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Mommy makeover

Have a great day!

Dr. JPG

Mommy Makeover

Hi,

It's my pleasure to answer your question.

You are a candidate for liposculpture, tummy tuck and breast lift with implants.

Sincerely,

Dr. Aramis Vega 

Plastic Surgeon

Aramis Vega, MD

Mommy Makeover

Hi,

Sincerely,

Dr. Aramis Vega 

Plastic Surgeon

Aramis Vega, MD