Will more Fraxel treatments get rid of my leg scars or at least make them blend better to my skin? (Photos)

I've done a total of 4 fraxel treatments since fall 2014. Last one was in September 2016 after a year break. It was with a new doctor that used such a low strength it peeled and healed like a TCA peel. Seemed like a waste of money so I will be going back to the first doctor who prescribed 10% hydroquinone along with 3 higher strength treatments. Will more treatments make my scars disappear/blend/camouflage into my skin? I know it won't ever go away 100% but I want it to be difficult to notice.

Scar treatment

You made a great improvement on your scar and it can get better. Continuing with laser is a good option, but discuss with your doctor combination of treatments. It is hard to tell from the last picture but it seems that one part of the scar is still raised. You can treat this with steroid injection. Use topical medication and bleaching creams as well. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Scar Treatment

This scar looks like it has come so far! I do think more Fraxel sessions will have a cumulative beneficial effect, and only 4 treatments in is not a lot for a scar like this. It seems as if part of the scar may be raised, if it is it can be injected with a corticosteroid that can help soften and smooth the scar. I would save your money from doing any chemical peels. A lightening cream will help any hyperpigmentation, but another 4-5 sessions with the Fraxel will be worth it. See a cosmetic dermatologist for more direction. Best, Dr Papantoniou.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp, skin lightening and fillers

Yes, this can be improved with lasers, but a combination will give greater improvement. I recommend a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, skin lightening and peels. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer