What can I do to fix my ugly nose that is sideways on my face?

Doctor Answers 5

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a determination about what may be needed. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening the crooked nose. To straighten crooked nasal bones requires osteotomies placed in them. To straighten the midportion of the nose requires a spreader graft placed underneath the concave side. A tip rhinoplasty is required to straighten a crooked nasal tip. For more information  and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

without pictures it is hard to really advise your. If your nose is truly on the side of your face an open rhinoplasty is more effective.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD, FACS
Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Crooked nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

a deviated nose can be corrected with septorhinoplasty. Be sure to find a surgeon who is comfortable with the techniques need to repair a crooked nose.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 12 reviews

What can I do to fix my ugly nose that is sideways on my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The deviated nasal structure that you described and would like improved can be addressed with a nasal surgery (rhinoplasty) and a possible septoplasty which are typically done at the same time. A natural appearing straighter nose can be achieved when the procedures are performed by an artistic plastic surgeon with extensive experience in nasal surgery.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without seeing photos and more importantly without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

Sideways nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's obviously impossible to give you any real advice without photos. Generally, a crooked nose can be addressed with rhinoplasty surgery. Schedule a consultation with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon to start the process. Good luck!

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.