Is there a way to fix an over excised nose?

I had septoplasty/rhinoplasty 10 months ago. I am unhappy with my results (pics attached). My breathing is better but I feel like my nose is now too small for my face. Also, the tip seems to be too high. Will the tip drop at all in the coming 2 months or not? Is a revision possible/advised and how difficult would it be?

Hello Unhappy_patient,By 10  months what you seen in your nose is close to what you will get.  There may still be some slight swelling, but if you feel your nose is too small now then it will only continue to get slightly smaller.  As far as the tip initially they are slightly elevated because of swelling closer to the lip.  This swelling should be gone so further changes in the angle of your tip would not be expected.  It is always best to wait at least a year for a revision and what can be done depends on what was done in your first surgery.  I'd recommend you consult with your surgeon to discuss your concerns and see what options exist.  If you remain unhappy with your surgeon then consider getting a second opinion from a facial plastic surgeon.I hope this helps and good luck. 

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty tip position

at the ten-month point you should have a very good idea of your final result. It is not uncommon, however, for people to have residual swelling that lasts longer than a year. The tip usually will drop one to 3 mm following rhinoplasty surgery. At this point I would have expected this to happen by now. If you are not happy with the results, I encourage you to discuss  this with your rhinoplasty surgeon. Secondary rhinoplasty surgery is possible,  but it may still be a little early to consider this. Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose mostly settled

Thank you for the question. At 10 months after surgery most of the swelling in your nose should be gone. If you feel as though your nose is too small with the tip too high, then I would go see your surgeon and talk to them about this. If patients are not happy with their results, secondary rhinoplasties can be performed to make more changes to the appearance of the nose. These surgeries tend to be a little more involved and will often times require additional cartilage to be take from behind the ear or from a rib. In my opinion, it is best to only see an expert rhinoplasty surgeon for any type of revision. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber