Do I need different filler for temple, cheek and under eye area? (Photo)

Dear Doctors, I am attaching sone photos, u can see that I need filler around temple, and undereye area to look younger. Should different fillers be used on each area? I had filler in the past under right cheek, but not even. What fillers or doctor should I go to get natural and long term results?

Doctor Answers 1

Do I need different filler for temple, cheek and under eye area?

Hello Renhaitx,

There are a lot of different fillers out there with different properties that we can take advantage of to give the best results.  The skin below the eye is very thin and so the filler used there is different from one to help augment the cheeks or the temple.  For the tear trough area (below the eye) I like Restylane.  For the cheeks I like Voluma or Restylane Lyft.  For the temples I like Juvederm although I have also heard great things about Juvederm Plus in that area as well.  Now the thinner the filler the more places it can be used but thicker fillers should not be used on thinner skin areas (so Restylane can be used in the cheek, although it wouldn't last as long or give as much lift, but Voluma should not be used under the eye in my opinion).

I would recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to learn about the various options and determine what is best for you.  With any of the fillers, the results are temporary and it will take repeated injections in the future to maintain the result.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.