Can I have a Fat Transfer from my inner thighs to replace my breast fat?

Fat from thighs

You can certainly have fat transferred from your thighs to your breasts. I have found this to be a very useful site for harvesting fat in very thin ladies. If you are less thin and would like the benefit of some thigh recontouring, then this helps too.

Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

yes, absolutely, inner thigh fat is wonderful fat to be used for a fat transfer, to add some volume to your chest, good luck with your procedure!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Fat can be used to add volume

Thanks for your question. You can absolutely use fat to add volume to the breast. Fat is a great choice if you are trying to selectively target an area like the upper pole. I doubt that there is enough inner thigh fat alone to make a substantial difference, but it is not uncommon to take fat from a few different areas so that there is plenty to use. If I'm planning to use 200CC/breast then I will try to get 400CC of fat suctioned/per breast since only about half is usable. From that I expect the take to be about 50%. I like to wait 4-6months before repeating. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Fat transver

Absolutely.  For breast fat grafting. I limit my grafting to 200- 300cc per breast per session. More than that results in oil cysts and fat necrosis. Of that volume, usually half of the fat will survive the transfer and "take". I commonly recommend a second session 3-4 months after to get more volume. Women who want even larger, may require several sessisions. Just depends on desired volume. 

Please see a ABPS board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. 

Hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS board certified plastic surgeon. 

Houston, TX 

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

Fat Transfer

Thank you for your question. Yes, you can use your thigh fat to graft into your breasts.  Schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss this procedure further in detail.  

Breast Fat transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Fat Transfer to Breasts

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to give exact recommendations without a photo or an in person consultation. Generally speaking, fat can be harvested from the thighs, abdomen, and flanks for best transfer to the breasts. 60% of the fat transferred lives forever, and you can anticipate a 1 cup size increase. Make sure you're working with a board certified plastic surgeon. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to breasts

Certainly! Inner thigh fat is excellent for fat transfer procedures. The quality of fat in your thighs is usually better than other areas such as abdomen/ arms.   I typically transfer around 200-300cc of purified fat to each breast and most patients would need multiple harvest sites in order to get sufficient fat for fat transfer.  The augmentation from fat transfer is modest and it's usually not more than a cup size. Good luck!

Goretti H. Taghva MD

Goretti Ho Taghva, MD

Fat grafting is another option

Your picture would have been helpful to give you better answer. I been doing fat grafting to the breast for 10 years and you can see some of the examples in the below link.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat harvesting sites

Fat can be harvested from anywhere on the body to be re-injected anywhere on the body.  Commonly, we will need to harvest from more than one area to accumulate enough fat to make a noticeable difference.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon