Can fat be transferred to the ankles?

Can fat be transferred to the ankles? I have small ankles. Nice thighs & legs, just want to know if I can make my ankles a little bigger.

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent? To Ankles?

Fat can be transferred to ankles but often it doesn't last due to the thin skin and movement in that area.  However to calves it does very well. I suggest you see an expert in leg contouring hi def.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer to ankles

It can be done and it has been done..........but bear in mind it is not precisely the ideal area to perform  fat grafting. There is no muscle bulk that can serve to receive the grafts, like for example on the buttocks, where fat grafting is much more reliable.If you are prepared to accept this element of uncertainty than it is a possibility.

Alexander Aslani, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to ankles

Yes, fat can be transferred to the ankles to add some subtle volume changes. It can also be transferred to the calves, thighs, buttocks, etc. Whether or not we do it with or without anesthesia depends on your comfort level and desired change. Very easy to do in the office most of the time, which can save money. 

Cain R. Linville, MD
Houston Physician

Fat transfer to ankles

Thank you for your question.  Fat can be transferred into the ankles as well as the calves.   Another very reasonable nonsurgical alternative as using sculptural as you do not need large volumes to get the result that you might be looking for.   The most important thing is to go to an experienced plastic surgeon can talk about your different surgical and non surgical options with you in more detail. 

Fat to the ankles

You can put some fat there.It is not a common area but you can.Depending on the look you want you may need more than one session.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Shaping of ankles with fat grafts

Fat grafts can be placed in any area providing that it is done by a well trained plastic surgeon Although ankles are not frequently treated with fat grafting, in experienced hands it may be good procedure to achieve your goal. You should seek a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in fat grafting techniques and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon