Can fat be taken from the abdomen and placed in the breast? Looking for a brazilian breast lift lol.

Breast Fat Transfer/ Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

Thank you for your question. About 60-70% of the grafted fat survives.  At 6 months you will have a good idea of your results. Some women have a second or third procedure which continues to increase your volume safely. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon

Brazilian breast lift?

Hi, joesph09! Yup, that can absolutely be performed!  Some caveats, though.  If you are expecting a large volume increase then an implant is the safer choice.  If you have small, very glandular breasts then that too could make transfer and sculpting the mound more difficult. Fat grafting to the breast is also more challenging than fat transfer to the buttocks. It is true that the same areas can be suitable for additional fat grafting at a later time, so this could be an option for larger breasts on a more controlled and safer scale.  Fat grafting to the breast is also more challenging than fat transfer to the buttocks. That being said, this is a procedure that is gaining in popularity and has a reliable track record.  It is usually more expensive than implant augmentation, though.  I hope this helps!
Dr. M

Breast augmentation with fat

Hello,Yes. Fat can be taken just like with a brazilian buttock lift and transferred to the breast.  Fat transfer is not quite as predictable as implant placement but can provide a very natural and soft result.  Depending on your donor areas and your desired volume increase you may require more than one fat grafting session to achieve the look you want.  Plastic surgeons have been performing fat transfer safely in breast reconstruction patients for years, and of lately it is gaining popularity for cosmetic augmentation.  Women who are the best candidates for this type of augmentation have a nice aesthetic shape with minimal breast ptosis (drooping) before surgery.Best of Luck!Dr. Rednam

Brazilian breast lift

this is absolutely possible and is performed commonly by plastic surgeons. You can harvest fat from anywhere(there is some debate about quality of fat from different areas regarding fat "take") and the fat can be transferred virtually anywhere the patient would like including your breasts.

Fat from abdomen can be transferred to the breasts

The beauty of fat transfers is that it can be harvested from just about anywhere you have a lot of excess of it (and would like to get rid of some) and that you can transfer it to just about anywhere you need some volume or contour enhancement.  When you transfer it to the breasts, it's often called breast lipoaugmentation.  It's always best to be able to harvest it from an easily accessible location where it's easy to get to without having to reposition you on the table (the abdomen, flanks/hips, lateral/anterior/medial thighs)(in order to process it quickly and with the least amount of trauma (which is why I feel laser- assisted liposuction and ultrasound assisted liposuction is contra- indicated as it will destroy more of the fat cells) in order to inject it back into your breast as quickly as possible to revascularize it to keep it alive.  The larger the volume of fat you have in easily accessible places to harvest and the more breast tissue you have to begin with, the better candidate you are for this procedure.  It's a totally different technique than breast implant placement, and a lot of the success of the procedure (not all of it) is dependent on who's performing it as it requires a lot experience and good technique that can only be acquired through lot's of practice and perfecting of one's technique and patient selection.  Patient selection is one of the most important factors for success so I try to choose only the best candidate as it certainly has it's limitations.  When it works though, it's a great alternative to breast implants because it's completely natural, and you never have to worry about future issues of breast implants.  I would recommend you see a few board certified plastic surgeons who have a lot of experience with this procedure to see if you are a good candidate.  Best wishes.

Your pictures can be helpful

The use of fat for breast enhancement is getting more acceptance and I been doing it for more than 10 years. The results will depend on amount fat available to harvest and amount breast tissue to graft. Please see the link

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to breasts

Fat can be transferred to the breasts- personally, I use Vaser ultrasound liposuction and use smaller fat volumes to avoid potential problems. Upper fullness can be nicely restored as well as any left to right asymmetries.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations.