What is a fair market price for breast implants, nipple revision and lipo of the upper abdomen and lower back/flanks? (Photos)

I received a MM in July 2015 and overall satisfied with my results. Now that I'm 16 months post op, there are a few areas I want to touch up. One, breast. With my MM, I had a lift but desire more upper pole fullness so I want a small implant inserted. I also want nipple revision to reduce the scar appearance and smaller areolas. Two, my upper abdomen, a degree of fat can be pinched that I want gone! Lastly, my flank/lower back area. Even with diet/exercise, this stubborn fat will not go away.

Plastic Surgery Costs

There is no 'fair market price' of plastic surgery. That concept works for reproducible, identical products like a washing machine of a particular make and model. Plastic surgery varies in quality from surgeon to surgeon, so there is really no 'same model' if you will. The cost of surgery depends on location, and the surgeon's training, skill, expertise, and how busy his practice is. Cutting corners on price can be more costly in the end if you need a revision surgery for your revision surgery. What you really want is an expert who can make you happy with a revision surgery.  It starts with your surgeon's ability to analyze the problem. For example, you say you want more upper pole fulness, and desire a small implant. If I was a young surgeon without experience, I would give you exactly what you ask for, but you would be very disappointed.  Your breasts are very large and droopy, despite your initial breast lift. If I placed even a medium or large implant, it would not give you the upper pole fullness you were hoping for, just more volume and more droop.  An expert would tell you that you need a reduction and revision lift, so that a small or medium sized implant can have the desired effect. Go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision surgery. Best of luck.

What is a fair market price for plastic surgical procedures?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider … are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Fair market price for lipo of multiple areas

While it seems that adding on different areas of lipo would be an easy thing, I would caution you that anytime there is a position change in surgery, that is costly time to you. To do the nipple revision and lipo of your upper abdomen would required you being on your back. Adding in lipo to your back would require rolling you onto your side or belly. This adds to anesthesia and facility cost which is usually charged by time. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Revisional surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you could benefit from all of the revisions you mention.  Cost varies by geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon