Best lower face lift around?

Take Your Time to Find the Best Facial Plastic Surgeon

When considering major surgery such as a lower facelift, it is imperative to allot sufficient time to researching and interviewing facial plastic surgeons. Ask for referrals from people you know who have had work done. Research the sites of plastic surgeons who interest you and look at their Before-and-After photos. Ideally, your surgeon should have training that specializes in facial anatomy and aesthetics. Most important, please interview several highly qualified candidates so that you find one that inspires you with confidence and whose work is excellent. Many facial plastic surgeons can help you find accommodations if you need to travel outside your state. I've included a guide below that should help you make good decisions leading up to your surgery.

Concept Facelift under

Thank you for your question.  I have pioneered my Concept Facelift™ this type of Rhytidectomy is unique as the facelift is performed under local anaesthetic, and is less invasive than traditional methods, meaning the cosmetic surgery has a significantly faster recovery time. The cosmetic procedure is similar to a mini facelift as it is performed with a short scar that runs in front of the ear, down to the ear lobe and tucked behind the ear. There will be no dressings or drains afterwards. This is performed as a day case, walk in-walk out procedure with minimal bruising and downtime. For those who have excess fat under the chin but still have good muscle tone and skin, liposuction of the neck will be sufficient. If the skin has lost elasticity, removal of excess skin (Neck Lift Surgery) to tighten and tone the neck will also be required. Tightening of the platysma muscle (also known as platysmaplasty) will require a small incision under the chin away from direct view to gain access to the front edge of the muscles on the neck; they are sutured together with permanent stitches. The muscles of the neck are the foundations and building blocks of the neck and are fundamental to achieving a tight and toned result. Fractional Lazer will not really give the results you seem after. Please make sure you find a reputable and qualified plastic surgeon who can assess you properly to give you a realistic idea of what outcome you can achieve.  Best Wishes 

Amir Nakhdjevani, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Best lower face lift around

You will find many wonderful highly experienced surgeons on this website who do natural facelifts.  Read some reviews and visit some surgeons.  Best wishes as you make this journey.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Best lower face lift around?

Hi, I have performed facelifts for over 30 years and have performed many minimally, invasive type facelifts on women in their late twenties and early thirties.  Non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.   Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

If the chin is weak, this creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

"Jowls” are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:
  • very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.

Best Facelift?

there is no such thing as the best facelift around. You should choose the surgeon who is experienced and does the type of results you would like. You can find this by looking at the website of several of us and choose one whose work looks natural and has good reviews. 

Best lower face lift around?

That's an unaswerable's like asking who's the best artist in town. It depends on your taste and desires. Now if you ask who does bad facelifts you can get an answer because everyone can agree when it's bad, but of course you won't get that answer here. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Each operation is catered to each patient needs

True plastic surgery procedures are not generic. Each surgery is designed for each individual need. Thus there is no best face lift for all seasons. Each patient gets her/his own best version based on their unique needs.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Best lower facelift procedure

There is no best lower facelift procedure, however there are many variations, Which can be very technical to understand the nuances. It is always best to choose your surgeon based on natural results looking at their before-and-after photo gallery. In our practice we perform a high-SMAS lower face and neck lift. This involves tightening loose facial and neck skin, lifting the jowls, removal of fatty deposits in the neck, and tightening loose facial and neck muscles. For more information and many  facelift examples, please see the video and the link below 

Best lower face lift around?

Hello Ekinard,You are going to get a lot of varied answers about what is the "best" lower facelift.  Some of these will be names used for marketing purposes, but they will all involve similar treatments.  The gold standard for a lower facelift will be surgery.  Depending on your anatomy, it may be more or less in depth.  You will hear non invasive methods such as Ulthera or ThermiRF which can help with early signs of aging, but don't make any significant changes for any significant excess skin or fullness in the neck.The best way to determine what is the best procedure for you is with an in person consultation.  This way you can learn about what it can accomplish, where the incisions will be, and what to expect before and after.  I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to learn about the options to determine what is the best for you. I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon