Different Eye Sizes. Are there any cosmetic surgeries that will make my eyes the same shape or at least a little smaller?

About a year ago I noticed that one of my eyes were bigger than the other and now it's a more noticeable difference, especially in photos. Are there any cosmetic surgeries that will make my eyes the same shape or at least a little smaller? I've read about the Brazilian man who underwent so many surgeries for more native Asian looking eyes. I wouldn't want anything that drastic but I would at least like them to be the same shape or smaller. PLEASE HELP

How to make the eyes appear smaller ?

The answer depends on exactly what is causing the eyes to appear big.  If the eyelids are retracted (too open), then eyelid surgery would help.  If the eyes are too bulgy, then orbital decompression might be the answer. Need to see photos. Best to see an oculoplastic surgeon.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

It is just impossible to remotely know what your concerns are without a photograph.

If you are too embarrassed to post a photograph, you will probably need to personally consult with several oculoplastic surgeons.  Generally controlling eyelid shape requires eyelids surgery.   This might represent ptosis surgery, canthal surgery, or other procedures depending on what precisely is causing the eye shape differences you are seeing.

Eyelid surgery to address asymmetry in eye shape

It is not possible to provide a definitive answer without photographs. However, eyelid and eye symmetry is an issue that is commonly addressed in facial plastic surgery. A consultation with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or oculoplastic surgeon would be informative. 

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are there any cosmetic surgeries that will make my eyes the same shape or at least a little smaller?

Without pictures it is hard to say what the best treatment plan would be for you. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to find out what your options are. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Different sized eyes. What can be done?

Without pictures it is hard to be specific, but the upper and lower eyelids can be raised or lowered or a combination to improve symmetry.  The eyelids can also be widened, and some asymmetries are secondary to underlying bony asymmetries.  I would suggest you call Plastic Eye Surgery Associates as they are based in Houston and are very reputable oculoplastic surgeons.  Best regards.

John R. Burroughs, MD
Colorado Springs Oculoplastic Surgeon