One eye bigger than the other? (photos)

One of my eyes is slanted and smaller than the other. The other eye seems to be more open towards the bottom. Is there a way I can fix this? What causes this?

Asymmetry of the lower eyelids

Measurements of the eye position and lid position would be helpful. If your asymmetry is just an eyelid issue and not an orbital issue, then a small dose of oculinum in the left lower lid might provide symmetry - or eyelid surgery could provide a permanent solution (lower the left lower lid or raise the right lower lid - depending on which eyelid you like better). An Oculoplastic surgeon could do the necessary examination and help you sort out the options. Best wishes!

Charlottesville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Many causes of asymmetry

The asymmetric appearance of your eyes could have many causes, from eyelid and nerve issues to eyeball asymmetry or orbital problems. I agree that an evaluation by an eye and eyelid and orbital specialist, an oculoplastic surgeon, would be helpful.

Jeffrey Schiller, MD
Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon

One eye bigger than the other?

Looking at the photos, either your right eyeball is bulging or the left eyeball is more sunken (enophthalmos). Best to see an oculoplastic specialist for evaluation.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon