What should I expect to have done in a Rhinoplasty surgery to have a much more feminine appearance? (photos)

I am also curious if there's any way to gauge what I should expect to pay for the procedure on a nose shaped like mine?

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge. With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Rhinoplasty Procedure and Costs

Rhinoplasty is a very effective procedure to help smooth the dorsum and elevate an over rotated tip on the profile and narrow the nasal bones and refine the tip on the front view. This could be accomplished through an open rhinoplasty which is a very predictable and reliable procedure when performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Pre-operative imaging would be a good tool to work through what your nose could look like. Cost is very regional and a consult may be a good next step to determine procedure and cost.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

A feminine nose

A feminine nose has many essential qualities to it. The nose follows the brow to the nasal tip and is uninterrupted by deviations or humps. In addition, the nasal tip is rotated approximately 95 degrees and is roughly the width of the eyes. These are a few suggestions, but every patient is different in terms of the anatomy, expectations and results. I recommend seeing a facial plastic surgeon to further discuss. 

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear taylorjeanH, Your profile photograph shows a dorsal hump that needs refining, the front view photograph shows a slightly crooked nose that needs addressing as well as a wide tip that can be refined. Seek consultation with an expert in the field of rhinoplasty. Have digital imaging performed to show you the possible proposed changes rhinoplasty would allow. Once a desired result is determined then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure the surgeon can achieve the desired result and ensure the after photographs show natural looking ethnic rhinoplasty results. I have attached a video above of a similar nose and a link below of ethnic rhinoplasty results to see how rewarding this procedure can be for young ladies like yourself. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Best Feminine Rhinoplasty

Hi Taylor Jean,I would take down the hump of your nose on profile and refine your nasal tip.  The tip of your nose can be elevated slightly, all of these things will feminize your nose.  You may benefit from middle third spreader grafts.  The cost of rhinoplasty varies just as the cost of artwork varies depending on the artist and their skill.  The cost can vary from $6,000 to $25,000.  It is your nose for the rest of your life.  Make sure to choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Thanks for your question. Based on the profile picture, I would recommend taking down your dorsal hump (hump on the bridge of your nose). From the front view, your nose is slightly crooked to the left. So I would recommend straightening your nose and narrowing the tip. This will elegantly refine your nose. Rhinoplasty typically costs $7000 to $15000 depending on the surgeon, complexity of the case, and region. In our office, we use 3D Vecgtra software to show you what your new nose will look like. Good luck. Best, Dr H 

Sanaz Harirchian, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery to Achieve a more Feminine Appearance

Rhinoplasty surgery to reduce your hump, slightly elevate the tip, correct the asymmetrical bridge, and narrow and refine your tip will give you a  natural more feminine appearance. Cost will be $8,000-10,000. Also consider a chin implant to improve facial balance.

Rhinoplasty for more feminine appearance

To make the nose more feminine requires a rhinoplasty procedure. A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making the required changes to the nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. The dorsal hump will need to be shaved down which is composed of both bone and cartilage. Spreader grafts will most likely be required to improve the hourglass deformity just above the tip and structurally support the upper lateral cartilages. Osteotomies will need to be placed in the nasal bones. For many before-and-after results, and our current price list  please see the link and the video below

What should I expect to have done in a Rhinoplasty surgery to have a much more feminine appearance?

Hello TaylorJeanH - Thanks for your question.  As long as you are healthy, I do think you would be a great candidate for rhinoplasty surgery.  In your case, you would benefit from hump reduction and mild tip alteration.  You might benefit from radix augmentation as well (the area between your eyes looks a little depressed on profile.)  You also have a bit of chin recession on profile that would benefit from the placement of a chin implant for total facial harmonization.  I would recommend that you consult with a rhinoplasty specialist for more information. Rhinoplasty costs vary by state and by physician.  Rhinoplasty prices start around $5k-7k. Good luck, Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a more attractive and feminine appearance, etc.

A rhinoplasty to remove your help refine your tip straighten your nose and narrow the nasal bones etc. will give you a much more feminine and attractive knows. The cost will vary according to the skill and experience of the surgeon. Select quality and don't shop price. You could also benefit  from a small chin implant which can be done at the same time or later.  Choose a surgeon who can show you many before and after results which look very natural and not overdone.