Dysport- no injections towards the middle of my forehead, is that normal? (Photos)

2 days ago I rec'd 3 inj on ea side of my forehead(50 units total). Im definitely starting to feel the effects of the dysport on the outside of my forehead but I still have full movement towards the middle where I rec'd 0 injections. I'm aware I need to wait 1-2wks for the full results but I'm feeling a little disappointed because I don't have the means to go back for another round just yet as I had only planned to go every few months as needed. I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts & opinions!

Dysport in forehead

We have one muscle that goes across our forehead, but most of us have very little actual muscle in the middle of our foreheads, so it's not unusual for people to not need Dysport (or Botox) in that area.  However, some of us do have lots of muscle activity in the middle.  If, after about 7 - 10 days, that area is still moving, you should follow-up with your provider.  At the worst, it should only take a few extra units to correct.  After that, your provider will know that you do have midline muscle activity, which means that, in the future, you should get great results with just one visit. 

Dysport in forehead

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dysport

I think you just need to wait it out for the 2 weeks where it should have maximum effect. We always offer a touch up session after 2 weeks in order to get it perfect. As the muscle is the thinnest in the middle of the forehead, its not always necessary to treat but everyone's anatomy is slightly difference. Go back after 2 weeks for a touch up.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Dysport

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Give it more time

carlab30,

Thanks for the question.  I really think you need to give it more time.  I do not even consider touching up a patient's neuromodulator injection until 12 days post-injection, as you may be treating a moving target, and you can easily end up doing more harm than good (and use more material than you need!).  If you were my family member, I would tell you to give it more time (a full 12 days) before talking about a touch-up.

Give it more time

carlab30,

Results 2 Days after Dysport Injection

Hi and thank you for sharing your question here! While some times we see results pretty quickly following Dysport (or Botox) injection, it is not uncommon at all for the results to take longer - even as long as 2 weeks as you also mentioned - to emerge and fully settle. At this point, it is really hard to make any judgments and it would be best not to rush things. I highly recommend that you wait for two weeks before making any decisions about the necessity of more Dysport injection. In my opinion, while it varies from patient to patient, 50 units of Dysport seem to be a reasonable dose for the forehead area. So my advice to you is to be patient at this time and give it more time and follow up with your physician in about two weeks. I hope it helps and good luck!

Results 2 Days after Dysport Injection

Hang in there

I would suggest waiting it out a couple more days.  Hopefully your physician did a full consultation about your concerns prior to your injections.  They are probably wanting to avoid over injecting.  You should get a nice spread with the 50 used.  I would schedule a check up in 2 weeks.  

Hang in there

Forehead Dysport

If you are still moving your forehead like this after 8-10 days you should go back to get more added. Some patients don't really need product placed in the middle of the forehead, because there isn't always muscle there, so that may be why they did not inject there, but if the area is still moving it needs more. 

Forehead Dysport

Dysport Injections to the Forehead

Thank you for your question. It is still too soon to know what your results will be. In a lot of patients, the frontalis muscle is in the shape of a “V”. Therefore, the injector may choose not inject the middle of the forehead. However, from your photos this does not appear to be the case for you. I would advise you to wait 7-14 days to see what your final results will be. If you are still unhappy after waiting, I would have a follow up with your injector to discuss your concerns. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dysport Injections to the Forehead

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Dysport- no injections towards the middle of my forehead, is that normal?

Hi Carla. I think you need to give it the whole 2 weeks. We always recommend follow up for injections around two weeks to see the results and perform any touch up. Next time, you need to keep that in mind! 

There's not much muscle across the middle of the forehead and some people do not inject at all in that section of the face. The muscles are more to the side so the bulk of the Dysport is placed in this location. 

See your injector at two weeks. It's too early to give this a final judgement anyway. 

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Dysport Injections to the Forehead

Thank you for your question in regards to Dysport.

After 3-4 days I would expect to see lessening of the forehead lines with 50 units of Dysport – if it was placed in small increments all the way across. If it doesn’t soften I would go back to your provider for a recheck and see if you need a few more units to address the central forehead. Best of luck to you. 

Dysport Injections to the Forehead

Dysport in Center of Forehead

The number one thing to know here is that you really cannot make judgments on the results until you have given it the full seven days for everything to kick in. In terms of where you had your injections, if you were getting full Dysport (and not just a brow lift) I would be very surprised and question their knowledge if they only injected the outsides of your forehead. Often times when I am injecting patients will think I didn't inject a certain part because they aren't seeing me do it, only assuming based on feeling. Many of my patients do not need as strong of a concentration through the center of their foreheads so I have mixes based on what they need, but I still do not skip this area. My best advice is to wait seven days to see the final result and if at that point you are still unhappy, return to the injector and express your concern.

Dysport in Center of Forehead