Dr in Houston specializing in facial fat grafting?

I'm looking to have fat grafting done in my cheeks, but want someone very comfortable with the procedure. I'm terrified that my face will turn out to be a disaster, and it's not something I can find many pictures of on before/after galleries. Thanks

Finding the right surgeon

This is not the best place for you to find the right surgeon.

Real self does not like for us to mention the name of other doctors.

Look for consistent reviews among all the various doctor review websites including real self, yelp, rate MD, vitals and etc.

Doctors with non-manipulated online profiles will have equal distribution's both numbers and in scores and comments among all these various websites.

Doctor who have an excessive number of reviews on one or two websites only should be suspect.

Interview in person with more than one plastic surgeon.

Look for multiple before and after pictures and an honest demeanor.

You need someone with both experience and talents.

Experience does not always lead to talent but the lack of experience can be a major pitiful.

Always consider alternative procedures.

Starting with the use of temporary filler's may be a very wise choice.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

No disasters with cheek augmentation (fillers, implants and fat)

I suggest getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your goals and what would work best for you. Since you're unsure, it might be a good idea to have fillers in the cheeks as a way to try on your look before committing to fat grafting. Don't let distance dissuade you, see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Hello Surgary,

Fat grafting can be a nice treatment for the right patient.  Patient selection is very important to avoid an overdone or abnormal look.  I would agree with the other physician that you should see several facial plastic or plastic surgeons to go over your anatomy, your goals, and realistic outcomes. 

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon