How can I get defined, even and pink lips? (Photo)

Mine are puffy without any definition. They're also thick and has discoloration. My lips has always been fairly pale but for some years now dark spots have appeared on them too. I feel quite awful because I do moisturize, and use an expensive lip scrub moderately. I don't smoke, don't drink yet my lips are very unattractive. I was thinking about getting lip argumentation and maybe to get a full tattoo my lips.

How can I get defined, even, and pink lips?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend first balancing your lip volume with a hyaluronic acid dermal filler, such as Juvederm, into your lower lip.  Once the lip augmentation has been performed assess your results.  You may then wish to consider a thinner filler, like Restylane silk, to add definition without impacting the overall volume. Hope this helps. 

Lip augmentation

Thank you for your photo. You are a great candidate to accentuate and reshape your lips with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane silk or Juvederm Ultra XC - particularly on the bottom to improve the proportions between the upper and lower lips. Color cannot be corrected with lip augmentation alone without temporary or permanent make-up such as lipstick or tattooing.  For the best treatment options, it is important to visit an expert for an in-person examination. Hope this helps!

Johnson C. Lee MD
Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Lip fillers do great and look natural if done with skill and expertise. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and someone who truly understands contouring. Best, Dr. Emer

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Candidates for lip augmentation include: thin lips, wrinkled lips due to aging or smoking, asymmetrical lips or those in need of lip reconstruction. Lip enhancement can improve the discoloration that you are experiencing. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I get defined, even and pink lips?

Hello Kt1031,

There are ways to improve the definition of your lips.  Your top lip has more volume than your bottom.  Ideally, the top lip represents 1/3 of the lip volume and the bottom 2/3.  When outside of this proportion it gives an unbalanced look.  I would recommend starting out with a hyaluronic acid filler.  The two options I like for the lips are Juvederm Ultra XC and Restylane Silk.  

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon to go over your options.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon