Can you do cross fit with breast implants?

Can you do crossfit with implants or will they rupture

Cross Fit

Thank you for your question.  Yes, you can do cross fit after surgery once you are cleared with no restrictions.  Of course start out lightly then build your way up.  As for implant ruptures, there is a risk for rupture with any implant available no matter how active or non-active you are.  

Absolutely

There should be no problem doing cross fit after breast implants.  You need to make sure that you wear adequate support and you will be fine.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Crossfit and BA

Yes you can do crossfit and really any other type of exercise after BA.  I always like to know what kind of lifestyle activities and other things my patients do so I take everything into account when choosing the right size, and technique.  The more active you are, the more chance for an animation deformity (implant moves when pec moves), so if/when possible, I will put the implant subglandular so that it sits on top of the pec muscle and doesn't move when you're active.  It just can't be done in everyone, so it requires an exam and an in-depth conversation.

Breast Implants and Physical Activity

There is no risk of breast implant rupture with any form of physical activity. This would include crossfit or any other form of exercise.

Thank you for your question. Certainly you can do it. You need to wait for them heal well and take clearance from your PS.

Exercising and breast augmentation

Absolutely yes.  You should have no increased risk of damaging your implants with normal exercising. Contact sports like MMA are more likely to have increased risk of implant rupturing because of direct trauma to the chest while fighting.  I discourage all my patients who have BA from doing exercises of the chest muscle (pectoralis major) because it can lead to implant malposition over time.  There is no reason to train the chest muscle in women. Check out my youtube video on this common question.  

hope that helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

After adequate recovery from breast augmentation you should be able to do cross fit. However after submuscular breast augmentation you will need to wait six weeks before extreme athletic activity. Of course follow the advice of your plastic surgeon.

Thank you for the question. The majority of patients who undergo the breast augmentation procedure will be able to return to full activity (including crossfit) without restriction, over the long-term.   In my opinion, very gradual and cautious return to activities help prevent problems; for example, in my practice, I ask patients to avoid contact and strenuous exercise involving the  pectoralis major muscles ( such as push-ups, bench press, burpees, dancing on a pole…) for at least 3-6 months.You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients "in competition” helpful to you. Best wishes.