What would be the best and less costly route to lose weight besides naturally of course?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 4
If you cannot lose weight in a "natural way" through exercise and diet, you may consider bariatric surgery.
Plastic surgery (liposuction or other body contouring procedure) is an elective surgery to give you a better body contour, not a way to lose weight. Body contouring procedure should be done by qualified plastic surgeon for a good candidate. A good candidate for cosmetic, elective patient is someone 1) who is medically, physically, and socially optimized, and 2) has reached his/her stable goal weight.
Please talk with your PCP to optimize your medical condition first and consult a bariatric surgeon first.
Liposuction Candidate and Weight Loss
Liposuction for weight loss?
- I am sorry to disappoint you but liposuction is not a weight loss procedure.
- At most it removes 10 pounds and the fat returns unless you lose weight afterwards.
- Insurance will not cover it.
- At your height, you are a candidate for a gastric bypass.
- Please ask your regular doctor to refer you to a bariatric surgeon.
- Exercising more and eating less is the least expensive way to lose weight but takes hard work and self-discipline and a life time committment to being fit.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.