Which is possible, and if both, which is more cost effective, Invisalign or traditional braces? (photos)

I'm 28, and I hate my smile. My lower teeth have little to no crowding, but my upper teeth (incisors, canines, and maybe premolars) are a different story. I work for a great company, unfortunately adult braces are not covered. Since I have to pay out of pocket, (if I even have the option) which would be more cost effective option, Invisalign or braces?

Invisalign or Conventional Braces

Either method should work for you. Conventional braces (Fastbraces or Damon) would work faster and more predictably than clear aligners. 

Good luck!

Orthodontic Treatment

Great photos! Thank you.

It looks like Invisalign and braces would work for you. You have nice looking teeth, and once they

are all arranged in a pleasing position, you will absolutely love your new smile.

Braces are probably less costly and a bit faster to complete. Invisalign is a treatment that involves

clear aligners that are invisible and can be removed to eat and to floss and brush.

See an orthodontist and get all the specifics for your care, you will be glad you did.

Charles Briscoe, DDS
La Jolla Dentist

Conventional braces will save time and money

While both will work, brackets and wires will save time and money.  If appearance is a concern, brackets and wires can often be tooth colored, so less obvious.

Invisalign vs braces

Thanks for posting the pictures. Your treatment will be more cost effective and faster with conventional braces. I encourage you to have a consultation with an orthodontist who does both treatments and ask them which option is better for you.

The difference in cost is negligible

You will not find much difference in cost between invisalign or braces.  The main difference is that there are more providers for invisalign than traditional braces.  Since more general dentists do invisalign compared to braces.  This also factors in your cost of whether you're seeing a general dentist or an orthodontist for your treatment. 

Jean-Paul Banh, DDS
Federal Way Dentist