Low cost of B/A surgery? Suspicious?

The surgeon I really like only charges $4,500 for silicone implants. All other places I have looked into charge up to $3,000 more than that. My husband said "the good boobs cost more" because his sister got hers done and they were almost twice that. So that makes me think, should I be concerned of the low cost? All of his before & after photos on his website are amazing, and there are dozens of reviews on here with amazing work. Could anyone give an opinion please?

PRICE OF BAM

The price of breast augmentation varies greatly in Houston as it does everywhere.  Generally, the more experienced surgeons charge a little higher than the "beginners".  $5500-7000 is a good average price all in.  Less than that usually means less experience.  Much more than that, you begin paying premiums for either facility charges or "brand" uncharge by a popular surgeon who may or may not be more skilled.  The usual caveats of looking only at board certified plastic surgeons, photos (remember..EVERYONE has many good photos), office and staff presentation, and personal recommendations are all important.  Then go with your gut.

What are you paying for?

when you say that the doctors charging $4500 for silicone implants, does that include his fee, the cost of the implants, the surgery center fee, and anesthesia.? Most doctors in Houston are charging on average $6000-$7000 for a breast augmentation including the above fees. There are some doctors who are charging less. It's important to look and see if the surgeon is a  board-certified plastic surgeon. There are ENT surgeons,dermatologists,  gynecologists, and oral surgeons doing breast augmentations with little training. I would want to see some of the surgeons results in before and after photos as well as speak with some of his patients.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Low Cost Breast Augmentation

Research !!  You as the patient should do as you are doing, research reviews, photos, Board Certifications and visit several different Plastic Surgeons for advice.  Cost will vary slightly, but typically they are within several hundred dollars.   Most important is that you feel comfortable with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation - Cost?

Thank you for your question.  Make sure you choose a board certified plastic surgeon based upon experience and the results he or she can deliver, not just on cost alone.  Also, the procedure should be performed in a properly accredited facility. Hope this helps and good luck with your procedure.

Low costs?

Thanks for this question. Have a few more consultations before you make up your mind. Prices vary from practice to practice and if the doctor does mostly breast surgery then he may have a good price because he's interested in performing lots of breast surgery. Good photos and good reviews are important, but you should also follow your gut feeling. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Augmentation Cost

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in order for you to make your decision. They should be able to provide you with a thorough consultation, as well as a quote for your breast augmentation. If you trust the current surgeon that you are with, their price may be lower than others in the area for several reasons. 

Renee Burke, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Low cost Breast Augmentation

Thank you for your question. My best advice to you is to schedule a consultation and secure a first and/or second opinion (and fee quote) for a Breast Augmentation procedure from a well-established, board-certified plastic surgeon. Since you are already having second-thoughts or concerns about the particular plastic surgeon you have referred to, you should do yourself a favor and schedule an in-person consultation with her or him - as well as with other well-respected plastic surgeons. Very good luck to you.   

Low cost of B/A surgery? Suspicious?

Generally speaking lower cost breast augmentations are offered by young less experienced plastic surgeons. However if you are comfortable with the surgeon and he or she has good reviews do not let the low price dissuade you.

BA cost

The paradoxical lower relative cost is a funny psychological thing. You just described a surgeon whom you like and trust with great results and reviews. Yet you hesitate because of a perceived benefit of paying more money. 

In my young practice, I am similarly lucky to be able to offer augmentations at a lower cost for several reasons (if this helps): my implants are half off, I choose facilities that are high quality but the cheapest out of say, 10; it only takes me an hour to do a straightforward augmentation due to training and experience, which saves money, and most surgeons take an hour or less- if I think it will take longer I increase my cost and estimated time; and my practice is relatively new and I want to aggressively grow this part of my practice. Not sure if that sounds like your surgeon but that's my reasoning currently. I'm sure once I am older and more established I'll start charging an extra 3k! 

Low cost of breast augmentation surgery? Suspicious?

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery.

***Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.   You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.