What can be done to correct my breasts? (photos)

I am two years out from my 1st BA and started almost flat and got 325/350 Natrelle style 20's. I feel like the implants didn't drop properly into the breast pocket. I've seen other girls with similar size implants and they look less bulgy on top and more fullness at the bottom. Mine also feel tight and constricted. My bwd was 10.5" if that helps. I'm 5'6" 117 lbs What do you recommend to fix this? *I'm also considering traveling to find a revision specialist...

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

What can be done to correct my breasts?

Thank you for your question.  If you would like less upper pole fullness and more relaxed fullness at the lower pole, you would need a breast implant revision.  This may include a release of your capsule and implant exchange.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

What can be done to correct my breasts?

Thank you for the question and pictures. If I understand your goals correctly (less volume along the upper poles and more fullness of the lower poles), revisionary breast surgery will likely be helpful. This operation will likely involve adjustment of the breast implant capsules along the lower poles (capsulotomy) and selection of appropriate breast implant type/size/profile to decrease upper pole fulness.
 My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. This is best done, in my opinion, in front of a full-length mirror and with the help of goal photographs. Best wishes.

Wrong implant style

With limited photos and no physical exam it is difficult to tell for sure, but your complaints revolve around the style of implant you chose with your surgeon. Style 20 is a high profile, which IF you want that bulgy augmented/fake look, then you chose the correct implant. If you didn't want that look, that is the wrong implant. A style 15 allergan(Mod Plus mentor) likely would have given you the look you were hoping for as these are the most common implant profiles for primary augmentation. Realize changing the profile, you would also have likely gone down in implant volume because the Mod Plus implants do not project as much as the high profile. It appears you could have a composite breast augmentation involving change of your implant device to a better shape for you combined with fat grafting. A consultation with a properly trained plastic surgeon who performs these procedures will give you the answers you are looking for.

Implant revision

I think the breasts look reasonable but with a better view it may be possible to pinpoint some of your issues better. If you are feeling like you want less "bulgy" up top you can also consider using smaller implants or changing the shape of the implants.  A shaped implant may provide more of a smooth transition up top and a more natural look below.  You may also have some tightening of the capsule at the borders as well (especially if you feel there was a change in the appearance recently).  I would see your PS to go over options.

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS