CoolSculpting! What are good remedies against numbness? How long should I wear a garment? Will a 2nd treatment hurt more?(Photo)

I'm 5'4 129 lbs... just had my upper , lower abdomen and inner things Done TODAY!! What results can I expect? Looking at the pictures do I need one or two treatments ? What does a second treatment typically cost ?

Numbness and pain after Coolsculpting

The numbness eventually goes away.  Mine took 3 weeks to dissipate.  There is nothing you can do to make it go away faster.  It just is what it is!  The pain can be more or less with the second treatment... can't predict which it will be.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Anything to prevent side effects after coolsculpting

These are all questions that your treating physician and her staff would have gone over in your consultation and reviewed after your treatment.  It is sometimes difficult to remember everything - a consult can be like a world-wind for a patient.  So if you weren't give pre or post treatment written information, please call her office and ask.  Since that is who evaluated and treated you, that is who can answer your questions with the most accuracy.  Otherwise, any answer a physician like me gives you on this site would be no better than the information you can get on the zeltiq coolsculpting company website.

I hope this answer was helpful.
Best wishes

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

What To Expect After CoolSculpting Treatment

These are all questions that should have been discussed and answered during your consultation before you got your treatment. With each treatment you can expect an average of about 20% reduction in fat in the treated areas. Looking at your pictures you would need at least 2-3 treatments for optimal results. You will start seeing results in 3-4 weeks, but full results take about 3 months. Please make sure you discuss all concerns and questions with your treatment provider.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Results of Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting results typically are observed in 4 or more months.  You do not need compression garments after Coolsculpting treatment.  If you are having pain after the procedure, you may benefit from oral pain meds like Neurotin.  A treatment plan with how many treatments you may need is always discussed before treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

CoolSculpting Expectations

It is too early to tell if you need another treatment. You can re-treat the areas as early as one month but optimally it takes 3 months. Follow up with the provider that treated you and discuss your goals and treatment plan.

The areas could be sensitive for a week or so but will go away eventually. Garments are not necessary but some compression may feel comforting. You could stop using them anytime that you want to.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Results of Coolsculpting

PLEASE speak to your treating physician they should have gone over in detail all the post treatment protocols and expectations.  There is so much that should have been said and if it wasn't then you should go to another practice that gives that information.  Results take 3-6 months to see and if you have pain, oral neurotin should be given.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Numbness and pain following CoolSculpting

Dear zermers:

Thanks for sharing your photos! You look great and will improve with this non-invasive localized fat reducing option called CoolSculpting (CS). These photos appear to have been taken just following your CS procedure.
The freezing technique of CS produces apoptosis causing fat cell death but also cools the nerves creating "dysesthesia" or the various sensations of numbness and discomfort. The redness, swelling and partial discomfort are due to the mechanical inflammation from the suction applicator and massage but this response may also create some retraction in the skin.

You may desire to use tylenol for the discomfort. Massage is also helpful for dysesthesias.  It is thought that aspirin, ibuprofen, naprosyn and other similar anti-inflammatories may reduce the optimal response of the CS procedure. Use these medications only if necessary. 

You can expect discomfort with any similar and future treatments but I would not expect you to have more pain. 

Keep up the good work! All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

What results can I expect after coolsculpting to my abdomen and thighs (1st treatment)

Coolsculpting is a non-invasive way of reducing areas of un-wanted fat. You have had the most common areas women seek treatment for (thighs, abdomen). It usually takes 4-6 weeks to see a reduction in your waist line. You will also require a second treatment within 4-8 weeks for optimal results in those areas. The main point is that Coolsculpting is not immediate;  your body has to reabsorb the fat cells that were injured during the freezing process.