How Much Would You Charge for Capsulectomy with Strattice, and New Implants? (Houston, TX) (photo)

Hello, I am wondering what the average price is for capsulectomy with strattice, and new implants? How much for two breasts? And finally, have you ever had, or heard of a patient getting recurrent capsular contracture (CC) after strattice implantation? I am aware that it may be the best fix, but it has not officially been recognized as the "fix" for CC. I would like to know if anyone has EVER known of CC occur again after. I have not heard anyone claim it. Thank you for your time and honesty.

Strattice and capsule contracture

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A ballpark estimate for bilateral capsulectomy, strattice and new implants would be $14-15000 if silicone gel implants are used, less for saline.

Though strattice has been a wonderful product for most women with capsule contracture, it's success rate is not %100.  I have had one patient with recurrent contracture after using strattice on her, but the amount of contracture was much less than her original.

Maui Plastic Surgeon

How Much Would You Charge for Capsulectomy with Strattice, and New Implants?

You may want to find a breast augmentation revision specialist who performs many of these Strattice related procedures and who has written about its use in the literature.  Capsular contracture can occur following the use of Strattice.  The cost of bilateral augmentation with revision with silicone and Strattice would be $10000 at the low end.  The key is you want to have the best shot here and not price shop.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Strattice

Yeah, strattice is the latest and greatest but we really don't have a long term track record for them.  I don't think you necessarily need strattice to correct your situation at this point. If you do elect to get strattice, it definitely increases the cost significantly.  Now that strattice has been around a while, we are seeing more and more capsule recurrences in patients with strattice.  Not the magic bullet some have promised.  Get a capsulectomy and implant replacement without strattice, that's my advice.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast Implant Encapsulation and Recurrence Rate after use of Allograft?

I am sorry to hear about the complications you have experienced after breast augmentation surgery. Approximate costs associated with the procedures you are considering the likely range somewhere between $10-$15,000 much of course will depend on exactly what is planned,  location of surgery, amount of allograft used etc.

You should be aware, that the use of  acellular dermal matrix does not “guarantee” that capsular contracture will not recur.  I think that any plastic surgeon who does a significant amount of revisionary breast surgery will tell you that recurrence of encapsulation is a possibility despite best and all efforts.

Managing capsular contractures...

I would not employ Strattice unless you were at the end of your rope and not willing to give up your implants and have exhausted all other treatment modalities.  Strattice doesn't guarantee you will not get another contracture.  Its difficult to give accurate costs since we are not sure just what procedures you will need but you can safely assume it will easily exceed $10K with an operating room and anesthesia.  If my patient was having horrible times with re-contractures, my advice to her would be to simply go without them... your body is telling you something.

Curtis Wong, MD

Cost - capsulectomy, Strattice, and implant exchange?

Costs for a breast capsulectomy/implant exchange with dermal matrix will certainly vary depending on your geographic location. Things to factor in for the procedure standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction/fat grafting, surgical garment, addition of a breast lift, and replacement type of implant, if used, etc.). A range in price ~$8-12K would be a reasonable cost on average for a standard capsulectomy/with dermal matrix and implant exchange. A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Sub-muscular implant does not require strattice

Bilateral implant exchange, capsulectomy and mini ultimate breast lift would be $11,000.  This is a new technique that uses only a circumareola incision that reshapes the breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall gives maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  This technique does not require strattice placement since the implants are totally sub-muscular.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Because all the ACD matrixes cost are high the total fee would range in the $5,000 ++++ range. Best to seek a few IN PERSON opinions.