How many cc's does it take to increase by one cup size for someone who wears a 30 band but has deflated breasts? (Photo)

I am considering a BA and am trying to narrow down an implant size. I have chosen an implant without a lift because per my PS my breasts have deflated inward instead of downward. Do deflated breasts require additional ccs to completely fill them out? Again, how many ccs per cup size for a 30 band?

Breast Augmentation with The Horndeski Method™

At size 30 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal.However, your breasts are sagging and you will need a simultaneous lift.I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with The Horndeski Method™.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

How to Determine Implant Size

There is no magic formula that will allow your surgeon to determine what size implants will precisely achieve a particular cup size.  As noted by answers from other physicians, this depends on your chest dimensions, the volume of your breast tissue and the characteristics of the specific bra you are wearing.  Most importantly, you should discuss with your surgeon your goals with respect to size and appearance and allow your surgeon to pick the implant that he/she thinks will most likely achieve the result you desire.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I believe the best way to figure out what size to get is to put the implants on in the office and to put your shirt back on over the top. Based on your pictures, a 350-400cc implant would likely result in a C cup. However, if your interested in really filling out all the loose skin, then you may choose to go with an even larger implant. I think it's really up to you and how you'd like to look in your clothes. Best of luck!

Scott W. Harris, MD, FACS

Cup size and volume

There is no pefect way to gauge this, since bras are all made differently and so are peoplr. For some it could be a change of 150 cc or so and in others it may be more.

How many cc's does it take to increase by one cup size for someone who wears a 30 band but has deflated breasts?

There is no exact cc #, but only experience. My experience says 200 to 250 ccs per cup size. In your presented case I would opt to have a rather large implant in the 500+++ cc range. 

Implant Volume and Cup Sizes

Contrary to popular belief, there is no accurate formula equating the volume of an implant in cc's with bra cup sizes. 

Your job is not to decide the volume of the implant; that's the surgeon's job. Your job is to best communicate to your surgeon your aesthetic goal, which should not be defined as a bra cup size! This is not a standardized unit of measure, and most women can fit into two or more bra sizes depending on make or model. Additionally, it's impossible to know how any given implant will affect the breast size snd shape, both critical to bra choice. 

The best way to communicate your goal is to show your surgeon how you want to look in clothing using sizers, or to provide photos of models who's proportions you would like to emulate, or both. Avoiding discussion of bra cup sizes will improve your chance of being satisfied after the surgery by steering your focus towards the way you look, not the bra you wear.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

How many cc's does it take to increase by one cup size?

In general 175-250 cc will increase a breast by a cup size, but there is no direct correlation in any particular patient.  Realize that there are no standardized cup dimensions of a "B", "C" or a "D". It varies depending on chest wall size, bra company and individual style within a company.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

How many ccs needed?

Thanks for your question and photos.  On average 200-300cc will increase your size by one cup or so depending on your chest circumference.  Your photos show significant deflation, so you would likely requie more volume than a similar woman who has not had children.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon and try on different sizers to help you make an informed decision.  Good luck.  

Implant sizes need to be addressed in person

Thanks for your question and the photos. You have asked a very common question and most people will tell you 200CC is a ballpark number to volume needed to see one cup change. In a deflated breast, more volume is usually necessary however in a very thin person even a small implant makes a bigger difference. Ultimately there is an ideal size implant that will fit on your chest and fill out your breast envelope. A series of measurements and an examination is necessary to help define that size range. Recommendation for a lift vs. implant alone is something that is better determined in person. I do think you will be pleased with an augmentation. My guess is that it would take 250-300CC. Find  a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who is an ASAPS member to help you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

The right implant size for you...

Thank you for your question.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX