Bull horn upper lip lift, lower lip lift, fat injections. Down turned lips now. What can I do? (photos)

4 weeks ago I had a bullhorn upper lip lift, lower lip lift and fat transfer to my lips. My lips look fuller and the bullhorn scar is clearing up well but my lips are very droopy. My surgeon said he has never had a patient with the down turn like mine. I said can a corner lip lift fix it and he showed me with visuals how it would really not fix the problem. A Margin lip lift is what I need but it will leave a thin scar on my lips. Is this the right solution?

Down turned lips - what to do

Thank you for asking about your lip surgery and down turned lips.

• Please do nothing at this time - you are swollen from surgery and need to wait at least 3 months.
  • I do not like the scars of corner lip lifts or margin lip lifts. 
  • Since the corners are pulled down with muscle, Botox to the depressor anguli oris muscle should lift your lip.
  • If it does not, it is very likely to be from surgical swelling so give it more time.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS