Cannot breathe properly after Rhinoplasty in Feb 2015. Was Dr negligent by reducing size of nose w/out reducing turbinates?

I went to the Dr for cosmetic purposes & Dr told me my septum would be corrected and reduce the size of turbinates. I had no breathing problems. After 8 months of surgery, I had constant concerns that I couldnt breathe right. He said it was still healing or it was due to allergies. I moved back to AZ and still can't breathe properly. Im a loud breather, can't sleep at night, need to breathe through mouth, feel tired all the time. Can I sue him? Can I get my money back?

Breathing after Rhinoplasty

Sorry to hear about your issue. There are multiple causes for nasal obstruction after rhinoplasty. It is possible that your septum may be worse after the surgery, you could have nasal valve collapse (weakening of the structural support for the middle portion of the nose) and finally your allergies/inflammation may have been triggered. The first step would be to get a second opinion and have someone look inside your nose to properly assess why you are having trouble breathing and go from there. Unfortunately, this is one of the risks of rhinoplasty. Good luck!

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon