Breast - I'm 5'3 and 170. (photo)

I would like to be at least a DD. I was thinking 400-500cc is that too large for me?

Breast - I'm 5'3 and 170.

Thank you for your question. . Size and shape of breasts can often play a critical role in a woman’s self-esteem. Fuller and bigger breasts are often associated with reproducibility therefore it is a desired condition. There are different kinds of breast augmentation operation types. Breast augmentation can be performed either with breast implants or autologous fat transfer. There are also different types of breast implants like teardrop or round implants. These implants also can be placed under or above the muscle. As you can imagine there are several different options for breast augmentation. The best way to understand which one is more suitable for you is to get a physical examination by a plastic surgeon.

Breast - I'm 5'3 and 170.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Implant size

Hi, 1984shay

Implants come in different type, shape, dimensions (width, profile, volume), and texture.

In recommending an implant size, I based that on a patient's anatomy (chest width, height, existing breast tissue) as well as her desired look.  Please review gallery of before and after photos and share your desired look with your plastic surgeon.  Based on your body and your goal, your plastic surgeon should guide you to the right implant size.

Implant size

Hi, 1984shay

Breast - I'm 5'3 and 170. (photo)

The bigger the implant the less natural it's going to look. Now we also have the silicone that are anatomically shaped and that can give a more natural shape, and less of the round shape of the traditional implants.  

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.  

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.  

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.  

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Breast - I'm 5'3 and 170. (photo)

The right size for you

It is very difficult to determine the best lift you will need (recommended based on your photos) or the exact size and shape implant you will require to best match your ideal breast image without an examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. Not just any board certified plastic surgeon, but one with many years of frequently performing breast augmentation surgery including different approaches, techniques and implant choices. This is because several measurements not to mention your breast characteristics are needed to determine the optimal implant size to obtain your goals. Without knowing these dimensions it would be difficult to make this determination. For example, the existing base width of your breast will determine, in many cases, the maximal volume per implant profile that you can accommodate. To illustrate; a 100 cc difference may make a significant difference with a narrow base width breast, but much less of a difference if you have a wide chest wall and wide breast “foot print”. Therefore, just because your friend may have a great result with let’s say a 300 cc implant to make her go from a “A” cup to a “C” cup size does not mean that you will have the same result with the same size implant. The same process goes for just filling in the upper part of your breast without becoming much larger. Further simply placing implants in a bra to determine the size best for you is not always accurate as the bra often distorts the size, is dependent on the pressure the bra places plus the implant is outside your breast and not under it among other variables. Computer software morphing programs that automatically determine the best implant size can be helpful in some but not all cases (e.g. doesn’t work well in my experience with existing implants, sagging or asymmetric breasts). Using “want to be” photos however are useful if simply provided to the surgeon as I will further explain in the link below including silicone vs saline implants

The right size for you

Choosing implant size for breast augmentation

Choosing an implant size for augmentation can be a stressful decision for many patients. I would always advise having an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. At your visit you should have an open conversation about the style or look of the result you would like, in addition to cup size. Having a photo or two of results you like can always help your surgeon as well. During your consult you will likely have the opportunity to try on sizers and or do computer imaging that can help you visualize potential results as well. From the photo you included, I would say you already have a good amount of breast tissue, some asymmetry and some sagging. Your consult would also help you determine what procedure would help achieve a great result with balancing all of your goals! Good luck!

Implant size - how to decide

Thank you for your question and provided photos.  During a breast augmentation consult, a number of factors need to be considered to direct your decision of which implant is right for you.  Examination will allow a better assessment of your current breasts (size, measurements, and composition).  I like patients to utilize in office gel sizers and review pre- and post-op photos.  Collectively, this should provide the patient and their respective surgeon good direction to obtaining your goal size.  Also, don't get stuck on "cup" sizes.  There is a notable inconsistency with "cup" sizes between different clothing brands.  I encourage you to be seen by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr. Mooty

Implant size - how to decide

Dr. Mooty

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants)  Breast Augmentation
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you very much for enquire.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Implant size

Implant size is determined by your surgical goals, your chest measurements, and your current breast tissue.  There are also various styles of implants to choose from to help you achieve your desired look.  I encourage you to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  Many surgeons have sample implants available for you to "try on" so you can get an idea of how you may look after surgery.

Implant size

Wish augmentation

It appears you have good volume already. It won't take much to get you to a DD. You must also take in to account the implant profile to give you the desired look.

I encourage you to visit with a ABPS board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.

Hope this helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Wish augmentation

Hope this helps and best wishes!

Dr Morales

ABPS Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Houston, Tx

Best breast implant for me?

Thank you for the question. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  

Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "top large for me" or "DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Best breast implant for me?