The more breast tissue you have, will that call for a smaller implant? (photo)

And the less breast tissue you have will that call for a bigger implant? Do I have a lot of breast tissue just from looking at the pic? I want big boobs

The more breast tissue you have, will that call for a smaller implant?

Yes, you are correct in your assessment. Your breast are already large; so depending on your goals a medium or small implant should suffice. A word of caution. The larger the implant - the heavier it will be - the sooner your breasts will eventually sag. If you were to walk into my office; I would not recommend breast implants for you. Please consider that weight gain and perhaps pregnancy can increase the size of your breasts in the future. In general, large saggy breasts make women appear heavier or matronly. They also make it more difficult to find clothes that fit and become a chronic pain problem for your back, neck and shoulders. Just FYI.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Yes,  based on your photograph, you do have a significant amount of breast tissue;  generally speaking, a smaller breast implant is necessary to achieve a specific desired outcome when a patient starts out with a significant amount of breast tissue.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "D or DD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes. 

You have plenty of normal breast tissue and should be able to achieve an excellent result with breast implants.  The size of implant will depend upon the final size you want to be after breast augmentation.  During your plastic surgery visit your surgeon will take measurements of your breasts and the base width of your breast will be used to make a recommendation for implant size. One test you can do at home is called the Rice's test which is described in the link below..  Using the Rice test you can get an idea of the size of implant that will give you the appearance that you want. Very generally speaking 150-200 cc of breast implant will increase you by one cup size in the bra that you currently where

Breast size vs implant selection

Hi Shay

what really determines proper implant size selection is the with of each side of your chest (hemithorax).  The diameter of the implant must fit properly to give good shape.  The type of implant selected can then be chosen to work best with the volume of breast tissue, and the patient desires.  Things that can be considered include low profile, moderate profile, high profile implants, etc.

You have ample breast tissue.

Regards.

sek

Yes, you have a lot of breast tissue

you do have quite a bit of breast tissue. The good thing is that you don't have any droop to your breast. Using an implant that still fits the dimensions of your rib cage will allow you to have a significantly large breast after surgery. It is important to go to a board-certified plastic surgeon and consider all of your options. I would recommend using a silicone implant and placing it under the muscle. Good luck.

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon