Should get a breast lift or just an implant? (photos)

I really don't want to get a breast lift. I would rather just get implants. Will they look okay if I don't get a breast lift? I'm fine with my nipplesl size, they don't point or hang down, and also there is skin showing underneath my nipple. Thanks for the help.

Breast implants or a breast lift?

Your photos show a fair amount of sagginess which generally requires a breast lift. If you want more fullness in the upper part of your breast, implants are often necessary.  Performing a breast lift with implants is a more complex and challenging procedure than doing either one alone. Much depends on the results you are desiring. Implants alone is a more straightforward procedure with much less scarring and less surgical time. However, if you have too much droopiness, you may end up with the breast hanging over the implant giving a snoopy like appearance which is not a pretty shape. Be sure to get the opinion of a board-certified plastic surgeon on the best options for you.

Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Nipple and the IMC

Thank you for your question and photos. I always recommend an in-person examination complete with breast measurements prior to giving a diagnosis, but based on these photos, I think you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift, despite your desire to avoid the scars. I say this because your nipple is at the same position as your inframammary crease. Adding an implant will add weight, and make your breast ptosis more exaggerated. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and ask his or her opinion. Best of luck.

Breast implants with or without a lift?

Thank you for your question and providing photos. Since it appears that most of your tissue is below your inframammary fold, you would need a breast lift with implants to achieve the best results. I would advise meeting with a board-certified plastic surgeon to have a frank discussion about your goals and concerns to determine the best plan for your particular case. Good luck!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Too lift or not to lift is the question

Hi Sierrah,

Thanks for your questions and photos. The answer is it depends on what you expect to see when your surgery is healed. Implants if placed would be placed over the muscle and underneath your nipple and the size would need to be substantial to help create the illusion of a lift. A lift is usually best when the breast tissue is below the fold or crease were your breast start to drop from. Again the ultimate decision is yours. In order to see your before and afters, I recommend being seen by a board certified plastic surgeon with Vectra, a 3D camera where you can see results with lift versus no lift. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Implants vs breast lift

Hi and thanks for your question and posted photos. You need a lift, implants alone will make your breasts go lower because of weight. To achieve a full upper pole it is necessary to modify the tissue. An in person examination has to be done to determine whether lollipop or anchor lift is required.

Dr. Milla

Hector Milla, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Should get a breast lift or just an implant?

From the photos it is apparent the bulk of your breast weight is low so an implant alone would not give you a good look. A lift is necessary to have an attractive result. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Based on your photos, I think you would be better suited for a lift with implants. While implants may achieve better volume, you may not be pleased with the overall shape and contour. Doing both procedures (implants and lift) will probably give you the best results that will last the longest period of time.

Shape versus volume

Implants can help improve the VOLUME of a breast and they do also affect the shape of the breast, soon after surgery and even down the road. They can also affect the size of the areola. Often a mastopexy is used to change the SHAPE of a breast. Sometimes these procedures can be done at the same time and sometimes they are staged, meaning they are done at two different times. Good luck! MMT

Breast augmentation

A breast augmentation will give you the shape you have now only larger.  A lift with or without an implant would give you a more perky shaped breast.  You pictures suggest that a lift would be necessary in my opinion.

John Burns, MD

Lift?

You may do well with a dual plane approach to avoid a lift. Meet with a few PS to learn more about your options