Are my breast going to drop more and look bigger? (photo)

I got BA two weeks and a half ago, I got 450cc HP Gummy Bear implants. They look pretty good to me now, even though they are still kinda hard. I was just wondering if they are going to look bigger once they drop? I was aiming to get a D and they look like a full C. Thanks!

Final outcome

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation.
You are very early in your recovery process.
It cab take up to 3-6 months to see your final outcome from the surgery.
As the implants settle and swelling decreases, implants will fill in the lower pole of the breasts and the overall breast shape will improve.
Please follow up with your plastic surgeon closely.
If you have any concern, your plastic surgeon should examine you and will be able to allay your concern.
Best wishes with your recovery.

Drop and Fluff

Sometimes right after surgery when tissue is tight and swollen, the breast implant volume is displaced up and outward which can affect the appearance. Within the next few months you can expect the tissues to soften and relax around the implant which will allow them to "drop & Fluff" this is a repositioning of volume. I recommend that you wait until 6 months post op to evaluate your results.

All the best

Breast Augmentation 2 Weeks Out

Congratulations! Two weeks is very early to assess your results. Even with the shaped, gummy bear implants, there is some "settling" that the implants will do over time. More importantly, your chest muscles are tight right now from surgery, which gives a very different appearance compared to how they will look several weeks from now. Talk with your plastic surgeon about what to expect during this "dropping and fluffing" process. Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Are my breasts going to drop more and look bigger?

Thank you for your question and photograph. The overall appearance of your breasts will change dramatically over the next several weeks as your implants drop, and the overlying tissues stretch to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest. Though they will not get bigger, as the volume within the implant redistributes towards the lower portion of your breast a more natural appearance will be obtained as the lower pole fills out. I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Are my breast going to drop more and look bigger?

Your breasts will look fuller and more normal once the implant has dropped into position beneath the nipple areola.  You appear to have a very nice result so early after surgery.  The 450 cc breast implant should increase you more than 2 cup sizes in the same style and manufacture of bra that you wore preop.

There is lot of settling to go

You are very early in your recovery. Your implants will settle and you will drop over next six months.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Three Months to Settle

On average, it takes about three months for the breasts to relax and settle after a breast augmentation.  Based on your pictures, it appears that you have a ways to go, especially if they are still firm feeling.  They will soften over the next few weeks, but how long it takes really just depends on your body.  Just be patient and follow your surgeon's post operative instructions.

Still to early to say. But downward exercises are needed to help the drop. My guess is you needed larger implant in the 600 cc range and more dissected inferior pocket.Sorry... 

Final Breast shape after Breast augmentation

Your breast will definitely change shape over the next few months.  What usually occurs is rounding out of the lower part of the breast and less fullness in the upper part of your breasts.  The overall size of your breasts will not change much. Implants really do not drop  the skin and breast tissue of the lower part of your breast as well as the muscle if your implants were placed under the muscle stretches.   As far a size goes,  Bra cup sizes vary largely between different manufacturers.  You may be a D cup in one brand and a C cup in another.  i would recommend waiting on buying many new bras or being fitted until 3 months after your surgery.  Best of luck.  

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Your breasts are most likely going to drop more and look more natural.

Every so often, a recent breast augmentation patient may have high breasts with moderate swelling which is slowly improving in the early weeks after surgery. From your photo, it is not possible to speculate upon your final appearance or bra size (this varies from bra maker to bra maker for the same size breasts).

Time almost always results in improvement in breast enlargements appearance. This can take a number of months to reach a satisfying result.

Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon to see if he(she) has any treatment options to hasten the fall and softening of your augmentations. 

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon