Will my breast always be asymmetrical? (Photo)

I got a breast augmentation under the muscle 400cc and lift 1 week ago. Before my surgery I have deflated, unever breast. The dr, board certified, told me she believed my breast were uneven due to more extra skin in my right vs my lift. I am pleased with my results, however I feel like my right is still larger then my left. The bottom looks more full. I'm only one week post op, do you believe they will even out?

Will my breast always be asymmetrical?

From your photo, it does appear that your right breast is larger than your left. This may be due to swelling since you are so early post op, especially if more was done on the right. Try to be patient and give things time to settle down and heal. It can take months for things to even out. Remember your breasts are sister and not twins. No one has completely symmetric breasts.

It took years for your breasts to develop....so 1 week after surgery it is not expected that

both breasts would be identical? have identical swelling? identical stretch? identical skin?  It is very normal to have asymmetry pre procedure, post procedure etc.  Most often the implants can be the same volume, but you nor your surgeon can control swelling.  Let your body heal and recover and enjoy your new shape!  If you have concerns after 4-6 weeks then ask your surgeon.  Things appear to look excellent.

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Uneven breasts

Congratulations on your recent procedure.   With normal postoperative swelling, determining if the right breast is larger than the left is impossible.  Generally, at least three months is needed for all of the swelling to resolve and for the implants to settle.   Currently, it appears that you are going to have a great result.   Best on your continued recovery.

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Post of swelling possible cause of asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photograph. I'm afraid you are too early in the healing process to be concerned about asymmetry. Please know that swelling occurs and it often happens asymmetrically. Please allow your body to heal itself. You may revisit this concern if it remains after the 2nd month post op. In the meantime, enjoy your new silhouette!! Best wishes and kind regards,

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo.  From the photo, I agree that you have a small difference between the breasts.  This is not uncommon and it is still too early to see what your final result will be.  Despite any surgeon's best efforts, small differences between the breasts can persist.  At times, small revisions can be done, if necessary, to improve on any differences.  

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question. Pre op photos will be helpful. You are in very early phase of healing. Please give it about 3 months and reevaluate. I believe you got a really good result.

Uneven breasts

Thank you for your question.  It is really too early to say whether or not your breasts will ultimately be more symmetric once the swelling resolves.  It typically takes 1-3 months for all of the swelling to resolve and for the breasts to take on their final shape.  Your focus should only be on recovering at this point.  It is not unusual to have a significantly greater amount of swelling on one side compared to the other.

Will my breast always be asymmetrical?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. Based on your photograph, I think that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job, with a relatively complex operation (breast augmentation/lifting), and that it is likely that you will end up with a very nice outcome. Of course, absolute symmetry is  not likely but significant changes in your breasts' appearance will occur over the course of the next several months. 

My best suggestion: patience and close follow your plastic surgeon. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with long term.

Breast Augmentation 1 Week Ago

It is too soon to see the final result.  You can expect it to take several weeks for the breast to settle.  Based on the photo you shared, I would guess you will have a nice final result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD