Should I get BR before weight loss or bear it? For someone with as large breasts as mine, what would be my price range? (Photo)

I am 260 lbs 22yrs old 48 H. I know that all doctors will recommend that i lose weight first but thats my issue. I want to lose weight and i have tired and lost 20 pounds the only thing that changed was the measurements around my bust not my cup size. I have cuts in my shoulders from the pulling on my bra during exercise and i get horrible sores and bumps underneath and around my breast not forget the horrible back pain i experience on a daily bases even with daily exercise.

Weight loss before cosmetic surgery

Hi,

I understand the difficulty in loosing weight with large breasts. Please understand that being overweight is not only your issue. It becomes our issue when your ability to heal is compromised or you have problems with anesthesia. At your present weight your risk for fat necrosis, wound infection, and deep vein thrombosis are much higher than normal weight patients. You may move forward with breast reduction surgery, but at greater risk of complications. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction weight loss

Many times it is hard to exercise with large breasts, making weight loss difficult. This sounds like your situation, and it is not wrong to perform a reduction to make your daily activities easier. It may be harder to predict the reduction outcome as you may have alot of future changes with your body as you lose the pounds.

best of luck!

Sam M. Sukkar, MD

Breast Reduction Candidate. Some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Should I get BR before weight loss or bear it? For someone with as large breasts as mine, what would be my price range?

Thank you for the question and picture.
Based on your picture and description you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery at some point; it tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. By removing “excess” breast tissue, adipose tissue, and breast skin this operation reduces and lifts the breasts to a higher position on the chest wall. By doing so, patients often find improvement in neck, back, and shoulder discomfort and find it easier to form their activities of daily living and exercise.

Timing of the operation will depend on the patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages, when patients have reached their long-term stable weights. Losing weight prior to the procedure will improve the safety of the procedure and minimize the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure). Keep in mind, that some of the complications that may occur when patients undergo surgery while overweight, can be very serious.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.

Breast reduction and weight loss

Thank you for your question and sharing your photos. Pre-surgical weight-loss can dramatically help improve your overall outcomes both in terms of results and safety.  Are we on for a pre-surgical weight-loss program to help her surgical patients achieve their weight-loss goals prior to embarking on their surgical journey.   

Breast reduction before or after weight loss?

Hi, shanaadger.  Sorry to hear that you are experiencing pain and difficulties from having large breasts.  With any elective, body contouring procedure, we prefer patients to reach their stable, goal weight.  We try to make patients achieve their desired look/size at their current weight.  If you lose more weight after surgery, your result (overall shape/size) becomes unpredictable.  However, if you are having difficulty with pain, daily activities, and clothes, you can undergo breast reduction understanding that your size/shape with change with further weight loss.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about benefits, risks, limitations, and alternatives for the surgery.  Best wishes.