Got Botox for the first time, one eyebrow is higher than the other. I am unsure what is best to do? (photo)

My doctor is board certified.

Botox

How much time has passed since your treatment?  I fit is less than a week then you should wait to see if there is a change in the other side.  Your injector can then judge better what to do in order to balance your brow position better.

Botoxed

I would see your surgeon. This is an easy fix with a few more units of botox. 

Everyone has different muscle asymmetries so it can be unpredictable. Does not mean anyone did anything wrong. I would take note of it and the units you got so if you want to do it again you will know your specific needs as far as units and locations.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Got Botox for the first time, one eyebrow is higher than the other. I am unsure what is best to do?

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.

Preparation :

Spider Web Aesthetics is performed with topical anesthesia meaning that there is no need for a general anesthesia or sedation. A topical anesthetic cream will be applied in order to benumb the area. After the topical anesthesia the area will be sterilized and the Spider Web Aesthetics will be applied.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Brow asymmetry

Its a little hard to tell from your picture how much difference there is.  However, I would wait at least 2 weeks then have your injector look at it as in may require a little extra Botox to balance it.  Usually an easy fix.  It may resolve on its own in that time.   Hope this helps

Dr. ODell

Hello, and thanks for your question and photo. This could likely be fixed with placement of additional product. I suggest following up with your physician. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Hello Jan79,

Botox takes time to work.  It reaches its maximum effect in about 7-10 days.  If it hasn't been that long, then I would continue to monitor your result.  If it has been more than 2 weeks, then your option is to add more Botox to drop the higher eyebrow.  

I'd recommend you always receive your treatment from a core aesthetic physician injector such as a facial plastic surgeon.

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyebrow asymmetry after Botox

In most cases, this is easily fixed with additional Botox. Keep in mind that often we start off asymmetric. This requires some forehead Botox to keep the higher one from lifting as much or raising the lowered one by placement around the brow.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Brow asymmetry after Botox

As you are well aware, this is not an uncommon occurrence especially with inexperienced providers. The picture you have posted is not a good clinical picture for a proper evaluation. Recommend seeking treatment by an experienced board certified dermatologist, facial plastic or general plastic surgeon to minimize such maloccurances.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Asymmetry After Botox

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Some asymmetry can occur while the Botox is taking effect.  I would suggest that you allow 2 weeks after Botox treatment to see your final result.  At that point, if you continue to have any concerns, please be sure to see your doctor for an in-person reevaluation to fully address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Any brow asymmetry can often be corrected with just a few units of Botox.  Hope this helps and best wishes!

Asymmetry following Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. Your problem is correctable with additional Botox. See your doctor for follow up evaluation. Good luck.