Considering Botox for my frown lines but concerned about eye droop. I already have one eyebrow higher than other. (photos)

I am a 45 year old woman with minimal wrinkling. I have slight crows feet only upon smiling. I do have more pronounced frown lines and is getting noticeable upon rest. I would like to treat this area but I'm a little anxious. Is it really safe? I have high brows but one droops slightly. It's always been this way. My right brow area droops slightly into the lid area. I'm concerned that Botox could make this more pronounced but also raise my already high arch even higher. What do you recommend?

Frown lines and brow height

Botox can be used safely and effectively for both decreasing "frown lines" as well as for adjusting brow height (either raising or lowering). So the bottom line would be that yes, you would be a good candidate.
A couple of caveats:- Be sure to see an experienced injector who is comfortable with treating these areas.- Be sure to discuss your goals with your doctor so that you are both on the same page with regard to expectations.- Understand that these treatments (especially when there is pre-treatment asymmetry present, as in your case) usually require some titration - it may require a few treatments to get you to where you want to be.

Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox to correct frown lines and for brow elevation

Thank you for sharing your question and posting your photo. Botox works well for your concerns; it can correct your frown lines as well as elevate your droopy brow. Make sure a highly experienced injector performs this treatment which requires precise placement of Botox. Good luck.

Balancing eyebrows

There are several techniques to shape/balance/lift the eye brow with Botox and the other neuromodulator. You should see an injection specialist who is an oculo-plastic surgeon and is very familiar with treating this area. Sometimes a nice adjunct to using Botox is to put a drop of filler to support the lateral brow so it doesn't droop. Juvederm, Perlane or Radiesse are all very effective for this (off label). This can often make the result last much longer than just using botox by itself but it completely depends on the shape of the brow, face , bone structure, etc.
Most importantly, see someone with experience treating this area and you'll likely love the results.
Other non surgical devices to help lift the brows are Ulthera and ThermiRF so you may want to also discuss these options with your doctor.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox for forehead

You definitely could get Botox for your forehead and would be a great candidate.  I often inject Botox to even out the unevenness in the forehead or one eyebrow lower than the other.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox Glabella Frown Lines

Thank you for the question. Botox injections to the glabella frown lines do NOT cause the upper lids to droop. If anything, it may elevate the inner portion of your eyebrows by paralyzing the depressor muscles. I would be cautious treating your forehead lines with Botox as this is the predominant cause of upper eyelid drooping. I always recommend having injections performed by a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a high volume of injections. Hope this helps!

Considering Botox for my frown lines but concerned about eye droop. I already have one eyebrow higher than other.

Hi Stephanie4129,

In my experience, Botox injections to the glabella (frown lines) do not cause eye droop. The most common injection that causes the eyelid to drop is frontalis injections that are too low or too near the mid brow area.

Consult with an experienced Botox physician injector. He/She will give you the options, perfom a consult with a facial exam and address your concerns.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and frowns

Botox for the "11's" ie frown line between the eyebrows is the original indication and tremendously popular use for the product.An experienced injector can also put a drop or 2 just below the  brow that is lower to raise it up in hopes of improving symmetry or conversely a drop or 2 just above the lateral aspect of the higher one if you wished to bring it down.

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Botox

You might want t touch of botox to elevate the right brow a bit too. Good luck with your decision to get botox injections.

Botox for assymetry of the brows

Botox or dysport are great options for asymmetry of the brows and prevention of further wrinkling.  Make sure to seek out an expert injector.  Make sure the physician who injects you makes a follow up with you in about a week to see if any tweaks are needed.  When correcting asymmetries, it is always better to start slowly and tweak than to make a problem worse.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox on Brows

If you are concerned about having a brow that lifts higher than the other, for sure point that out to your physician so that they understand your concern and does not over-treat the already higher brow. Most people are asymmetrical from right to left, so this is not uncommon. You can also ask your physician to just treat the crows feet area, and not treat above the brow which is what gives the eyebrow arch anyways.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon