Is this botched or normal? Post-op lipo 1 month (Photos)

Had liposculpture done...I have bumps and lumps, still numb in certain areas, and still swollen. I'm doing massages and ultrasound cavitation. Will I most likely continue to be this lumpy? My definition is only visible in bad lighting...otherwise it just looks lumpy.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I can understand your areas of concern but at one month out from surgery you can anticipate significant changes to your abdomen as your results continue to mature over the next 6-12 months.  You likely have some irregularity due to asymmetric swelling and your skin beginning to tighten from the procedure.  I know waiting is difficult, but remain patient and seek reassurance from your surgeon.  

Is this botched or normal? Post-op lipo 1 month

Dear Reader,It is truly too early to determine the final outcome of your procedure.  I do see some of the concerns that you have.  I would advise you to communicate these concerns with your surgeon and give it more time for now.  Good luck and be safe.John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICSDouble Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

John Nguyen, MD, FACS

Post liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

It takes weeks to see the results of liposuction and swelling can last for months. Massage, RF treatments, Venus Legacy, vanquish and cellutone, and hyperbaric oxygen will drastically reduce swelling. I suggest continuing to follow your physicians post-op protocol. This result looks like its going to be very good, for now you need the proper compression and post operative treatments to ensure smooth results.  Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - bumpy at 4 weeks.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • Your result looks very good and entirely normal for one month after liposuction.
  • It will take another 5 months at least to see your final result.
  • You are still swollen.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

One month is still very early in your  recovery period. Swelling after liposuction can last up to a year but does improve over time. Try to be patient as it can take a good 6 weeks to 3 months to really see things smooth down. Professional lymphatic massages and Endermologie can really help speed the process up.