Am I botched? Over 2 months after lipo (Photo)
9 months ago
Ok I had traditional liposuction June 9 and I am still Very swollen!! I've had massages with ultrasound to break up scar tissue 5 times and 4 rounds of steroid shots in my stomach!! I'm getting very discouraged. My doctor keeps telling me it's just s swelling and it will go down, but I'm not so sure. My biggest concern is he did not put me in a garment for the first month! I only had the white velcro wrap he sent me home with, he said it's because my torso is short.... so am I Botched???
Doctor Answers 2
Liposuction - am I botched?
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- I am sorry you are so anxious -
- You are still swollen at two months.
- Nothing can speed this up - swelling is a natural biologic process that must run its course.
- You will not see your final result for 6-9 months after surgery.
- Garments do reduce swelling after surgery - but we don't think they change the final result.
- Some photos suggest you have stretch marks on your skin -
- If this is correct, then your skin will get loose as your swelling subsides.
- For now - just wait and let yourself heal.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring With Tummy Tuck -- FEMALE HI DEF CONTOURING
you needed to have weight loss and shoudn't have had liposuction done. you need weight loss and then liposuction with tummy tuck. Best, Dr. Emer.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.