15 days post-op, Tummy Tuck. My binder isn't compressing my whole stomach. Can I switch to a faja? (photos)

I was over my bmi prior to surgery.I've been wearing this binder and it only compresses the to my belly button. I'm very swollen I feel like I look bigger than before. I don't feel like this is doing anything for me I can tell a little bit by no fat hanging but I still feel wide and round. I'm wondering if lipo is in my future or should I just lose weight. Most girls I see aren't framed like me so it's hard for me to get a comparison

Tummy tuck

It's certainly still very early.  Did you have liposuction done along with your tummy tuck?  If not, you may certainly need liposuction, and some people tend to do this in a staged manner, meaning they do lipo before or after the tummy tuck.  I like doing it all at the same surgery, but that's a different technique that's easy to mess up and can increase complications if you don't know how.  Anyways, give it some time and then go back and get some lipo done if you still need your contour improved.

Swelling

Your abdomen looks exactly how supposedto look at 15 days po. 

Actually swelling will remain as bad for another 1-2 months. 

Be patient because there is nothing to speed the process or eliminate it. 

The compression garment only helps to avoid the swelling becomes huge and the skin to reattach to the muscle. 

The CG will help to improve the discomfort of the swelling. 

Be encouraged 

Dr. Cardenas 

Tummy Tuck Revision/Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/High Definition Procedures

I would recommend that you contact your surgeon to discuss your concerns at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

15 days post op

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (15 days  post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Post op swelling

Your swelling looks normal for 15 days post op. You will continue to be swollen for the next few months. It may take anywhere from 6 months to a year for your final results so, for now, be patient and kind to yourself as your body heals. The CG is really to just help with the discomfort from the swelling. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Problems with Binder

Hello, and thank you for your question. I wanted to offer you some of the basic post-op healing tips that I provide to my patients to see if it may help:

Most patients will be placed in an abdominal binder, which they will wear the first week. There is usually a fair amount of swelling and the binder should be opened several times a day so that there are no pressure points. After the first 7 to 10 days the patient is placed in an elastic garment for compression over the next six weeks.

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

If none of this helps, it would probably be best to take your questions and concerns to a visit with your surgeon to have the area examined for proper healing. Good luck.