Can I still get an BBL even though I am on depo? Will I need to wait until I am off it? (Photo)

I would like to know us it ok to be on depo when getting a bbl

Can I still get an BBL even though I am on depo? Will I need to wait until I am off it?

Hello kjhandy4 - Thanks for your question. It is safer to remain on your birth control medications if you cannot reschedule your surgery. Cessation of hormones may lead to increased rates of blood clot formation if done close to the time of surgery. Discuss your birth control medications with your surgeon so that you and they may take all necessary precautions to ensure that your surgery is safe and successful. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Preparing for BBL

You should discuss this with your surgeon. In general, you can continue birth control for BBL procedure but every surgeon will have his/her preference. 

#BBL #ShapedExtraJuicy #liposuction #fattransfer #BrazilianButtLift #DrSej #fatgrafting #fatsurvival #BBLrecovery #BBLprep

Sejal M. Patel, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... I will recommend you to talk to your physician about this, because sometimes hormones can increase blood loss during and after surgery, it will be better to wait then..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD