Did I get bad plastic surgery? (Photos)

Hello there , I got lipo done about 3 weeks on flanks and one side looks great while other side still look fat, it is barely swollen like it feels like soft fat what should I do? Is this normal should I contract my surgeon?

Lipo Post 3 Weeks

It is still way too soon to see a final result. Liposuction has residual swelling for anywhere from 3-6 months. Give your body time to completely heal.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Did I get bad plastic surgery?

Normally, it takes 3-6 months after the wounds have healed completely before we can assess. Swelling, bruising, and skin and contour irregularities are common after undergoing surgery.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction result

Thanks for your question and photos.
It is common to see swelling, bruising, and skin and contour irregularities soon after liposuction.
Your result should improve with time.
You are still very early in your recovery process.
It can take 3-6 months to fully appreciate your surgical outcome.
For my patients, I ask them to wear compression garment and to massage the area.
You should follow your plastic surgeon's post-op instruction.
You should also contact your plastic surgeon if you have any question or concern regarding your recovery.
Best regards.

Liposuction swelling

Hi Prettifly,

Thanks for your question and photos. I would agree with your assessment, however, the swelling that occurs after liposuction varies and takes at least 3 months to be judge worthy. Be patient and compress the side that has more swelling. The best opinion will come from your surgeon. Good Luck.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Liposuction takes weeks to months to see the final outcome.  If you are concerned please see your physician.  Post-operative RF treatments, massage and hyperbaric oxygen help the ultimate outcome.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Flank liposuction - only one side looks done

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Yes, contact your surgeon to ask how much was removed from each side.
  • And to report your concern.
  • You are still swollen and the 'soft fat' is probably swelling.
  • One side of the body always heals faster and looks better - this is normal.
  • It takes up to 6 months for all swelling to subside -
  • At that point, you and your surgeon would consider if you are pleased with your final result.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post lipo concerns

Thank you for your question.  It is only three weeks from surgery and usually swelling will start coming down . Pictures are not great and will help to have pre op pics for comparison. It is also early to comment about results. Please express your concerns to your PS. I would recommend to wait at least 3 months and reevaluate. Thank you

Did I get bad plastic surgery?

YES! Appears as no attention to detail in your liposuction surgery! Sorry. Did you use boarded PS? In private practice? Was the lipo under general or local? 

Patience!

Good morning!

Hard to tell with photos, but three weeks after liposuction surgery is way too soon to see your final results- especially with someone as thin as yourself.  I tell my patients that they need to be a "patient patient"- meaning they need to be patient to see the results- it can take several months to see the final results after liposuction.

I would recommend a visit with your PS to be sure they are aware of your concerns.

I hope this helps

Robert Steely, MD, FACS

Bad plastic surgery?

3 wks post op from liposuction is the time when your swelling just starts to go down. The lymphatics in your body have to reconnect to help the edema drain. At this point in time you start to get some internal scarring which is usually temporary. I tell my patients to massage the area, you can use one of the foam rollers they have at the gym or you can do manual massage. I certainly do not think you had bad plastic surgery. It usually takes 3 mos to lose all the swelling associated with liposuction.

Karen Quigley, MD