Will this ever go back to normal? What can I do? (Photo)

I had surgery on 2/3/16 250cc just something very natural for my frame after surgery I expereniced two hematomas (left) one on the next day the second a month later after that a week later my breast was hard I've been massaging it, I am just starting to take some pill that my surgeon provided. Says that it should make my muscle softer in time, but would this move back into place or would I have to go back to surgery? I really don't want to my scar is already way too noticeable. What can I do?

You probably will need another opeartion

Hematomas cause scarring and scarring causes distortions. Pills usually do not fix it. You are likely to need another surgery.

Hard to tell...best to wait a couple of months and see if it softens up and settles some. If not, you may need to undergo a capsulectomy to remove all of the scar tissue so your implant can settle in the pocket properly. Hope this helps.  

Farah Naz Khan, MD

Contracture after hematoma

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your implant. Hematomas can cause enough inflammation to stimulate a capsular contracture, which appears to have happened to you. While trying medications and massage can help, you may need a capsulectomy or capsulotomy to achieve a permanent solution.

David Dellinger, DO, FACOS

Breast Revision

Thank you for your question and photo. My recommendation is always to see the surgeon who performed the operation. There are times when patients lose confidence in their surgeon in which case a second opinion is warranted. If the recommendations are the same, you can make a better educated decision on what's best for you.

At 4 months post op any significant changes to the position of the implant is less likely.

Hope our response was helpful and good luck.

Bernard Kopchinski, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hematoma and capsular contracture

Sorry to hear about your hematoma and capsular contracture.
Hematoma and infection can increase the risk for capsular contracture.
If it has been 3-4 months since your last surgery, your capsular contracture will most likely not improve.
Please talk with your plastic surgeon for possible implant exchange and capsulectomy and/or other alternatives.

Sugene Kim, MD, FACS

Will this ever go back to normal? What can I do

Thank you for your question.  At this stage it may not change. I recommend to you talk to your surgeon and develop a plan. 

Ven Erella, MD

Will this return to normal

Thank you for your question. You have a post hematoma encapsulation and is very correctable with appropriate surgical management. This will not likely correct on its own with massage and/or medication. Speak to your surgeon regarding moving forward. Best of luck.

Bruce Landon, MD

Improvement

Unfortunately I would not anticipate any significant improvement at this point in your post-operative recovery.  The pocket will most likely need to be revised to more properly position the implant.  Talk with your surgeon about timing, but I personally would have no reservations about taking you back to surgery now.  With proper revision, you should still end up with a nice result.  Best of luck.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Implant malposition

I'm afraid at this point surgical correction may be needed.  I doubt that any conservative treatment will work. 

Mark A. Schusterman, MD